Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a 2010 and on that year the stereo system didn't support streaming music via Bluetooth (only phone calls supported). My stereo came with the iPod cable but I have an Android phone and for the last few years I've been listening to Pandora by connecting the phone via the auxiliary jack. That worked fine but I hated the unsightly cables and the fact that I needed to pick my phone and unblock it every time I wanted to change the song.

Well, I found this jewel on Amazon and thought I would share with the community. It is a Bluetooth receiver that connects to the auxiliary jack and lets you stream music from your phone into the car speakers without the cables. Even better, the receiver has two little buttons that let you go back/next on the songs so you don't even have to get your phone out of your pocket.

http://www.amazon.com/EDUP-EP-B3502...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397186482&sr=8-1&keywords=edup

Audio quality is on par with my previous wired setup. Price is amazing too, I got it for only $13.66 shipping included (Note: it shipped from Shanghai so it took around 2 weeks to get home).

I installed an app on my phone that detects whenever the receiver is in range and automatically starts Pandora, so the integration is seamless. (By the way, the receiver works for all kinds of audio playback so you can also listen to music stored in your phone or other apps such as iHeart Radio or Spotify).

Final advice: There's a Bluetooth receiver that connects to the iPhone cable instead of the auxiliary input. DO NOT BUY this one as it is not compatible with our stereos.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Great info!Reps for you.Im not sure if i have that jack input on my unit i have to check when i get home!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't affect UConnect. The first time you pair the receiver you just configure it in your phone for "Media Audio" and uncheck the "Call Audio" setting. Calls will go through UConnect and music and any other audio notification through the Bluetooth receiver.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
I ordered one too!!But dam its not gonna get here until June 2nd!!

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Very interesting, good info.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
i got mine and it works great rep points for rarq!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts