Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was getting on it a little today in my rt and was playing with the paddle shifters all of a sudden idk if I let it hit redline or it was hitting it to long the car wouldn't let me give it any thorttle had to coast over to the side turn it off and then back on again and it was able to move again has this happened to anyone? but got 0007 code

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
was getting on it a little today in my rt and was playing with the paddle shifters all of a sudden idk if I let it hit redline or it was hitting it to long the car wouldn't let me give it any thorttle had to coast over to the side turn it off and then back on again and it was able to move again has this happened to anyone? but got 0007 code
your car will go into what they call limp mode. The car actually protects itself from bad drivers or driving habit. happened to me first time at the trac. Don't worry ,,, all is well. Thankz to the car.:smileup:

·
12,990 Posts
I'm wondering if that might have had something to do with the Rev Limiter or limp mode Like stated above.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HemiMetal thanks and thanks JBssssRT if ur paddling shifting what do u wanna shift at so it doesn't happen again I think I raised my rev limiter to 6200 should I put it back to factory which is what 5900? so when doing a burnout will it go into limp mode too?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
off topic anyone else having problem with dents above there doors on the side of the roof line and front and rear bumpers not lining up right just makes me mad for what I paid for the car there's so many flaws

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I had a Q45 that went into limp mode when I drive it using the stick shift. as for the dents naw.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
happened again lastnight getting on to the highway this time had sport mode on and traction off and got on it it got wheel spin then hit about 45 and it went to limp mode what the heck took it to the dealership and updated the tcm now the car doesn't feel the same feels sluggish should I try restalling the diablo tuner? also tried power breaking it and seemed to fall flat on its face with rpm that was without the check engine light on

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
happened again lastnight getting on to the highway this time had sport mode on and traction off and got on it it got wheel spin then hit about 45 and it went to limp mode what the heck took it to the dealership and updated the tcm now the car doesn't feel the same feels sluggish should I try restalling the diablo tuner? also tried power breaking it and seemed to fall flat on its face with rpm that was without the check engine light on
I would love to impart to you my learning curve which would provide to you a better understanding of how your relating to your digitally controlled drive train. It is not a mechanically controlled 1970 Muscle Car. Please understand that the company's desire was to protect the drive train from the damage caused by the power being produced by your hemi. You could say that the whole muscle car mentallity never made the trip across the pond for those desogn people. As a result we gott a car that stiffles the breathing of the Hemi limitting it's power and making it quiet. So the very first thing we do is to fix that. We make it breath and make it loud. CAI, long or short tube headers, replacement of, and or deletion of other exhaust parts, tuners that provide us with compensation tunes to enhance the horsepower after the changes we made and all of these things over tax an insufficiant drive train that can't put all that power to the ground in a 1 legged wonder. I am of course reffering to the LSD and high end gears. No positive traction and that gear ratio was never designed for the track or doing burnouts. If you wanted to do a burnout all controls need to be off. Even then, you will burn only back right tire.

Basically,, when you create a spin,, the power is decreased till you get traction. You called it sluggish. Power braking only increases that differential in tire traction. Unless all controls are off.

I would suggest to you that you should do a lot of reading about your car and the issues discussed in threads that you can search here. Using any key word do a search and then read some of the threads. You will shorten your learning curve and you will be less frustrated with your new toy.

All of us have had to go through the same learning curve. Be smart and limit your pain,, learn from our mistakes, read the threads on these subjects. Look up limp mode.

Have a great day. :smileup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts