Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the dreaded "check engine" light popped on for me today while in traffic. Noticing that my baby was in trouble I rushed her to the nearest place that I could get a hold of a code scanner, which was a local Autozone.

and....

Nothing, just errors every time the sales guy tried to run a code check.

I have no choice but to go to the stealership tomorrow morning (that is if I can get a hold of someone and they can fit me in).

I have the sneaking suspicion that one of the oxygen sensors maybe fouled or I picked up a bad tank of gas, as for the past week my gas mileage has been 17-19mpg, when it is normally 22-24mpg.

Here is hoping I don't get bent over and have my innocence taken at the dealer's service counter tomorrow morning :(

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So went to Pepboys and had the codes pulled, P0520 which is an oil sensor issue. While that is the code, my gas milage is in the crapper (15mpg) and the vehicle has trouble accelerating at low rpms. Idles seems fine but I changed my engine oil myself a few months back and the vehicle was running peppy and fine now the gas milage and acceleration has me worried, so not seeing the connection with a code for a faulty oil sensor.

Going to the dealer monday, hopefully it is a quick, permenant, and warranty covered fix.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I had to have my oil pressure sensor replaced and a receiver replaced because the push start was acting wonky.

The car drives a lot better and no-more hesitation on the start.

They found no other engine codes, so I wonder I just need to burn out a the no name cheap store brand of gas.

Apparently a lot of Pentastar engines are having oil pressure sensor problems. I was told there was a recall when I initially had the check-engine code checked at an autoparts store.

·
Premium Member
12,479 Posts
Glad it was just a small issue...,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts