Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one side of my car has been bugging me for a while and I wondered if you guys can take a look at this and let me know if it can be readjusted or should I just live with it. you can see how the gap changes.....

Attachments

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,952 Posts
That would bug me....if you're still under warranty - have the dealer address it.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I agree the reveal isn't very good for that door. It can be a pain to adjust. You adjust it in once place and it ends up worse some where else. I'd probably say just leave it alone.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
Below are the specifications for the gap (dimensions in millimeters)......

By the looks of your pic I think it is out of spec!!

GAP FLUSH

Fender to Door
4.5 +/- 1.0
+0/-2.0
(Above Character Line)
Parallel within 1.0

Fender to Door
4.5 +/- 1.0
Fender O/F 1.0 +/- 1.0
(Below Character Line)
Parallel within 1.0
Parallel within 1.0

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
one side of my car has been bugging me for a while and I wondered if you guys can take a look at this and let me know if it can be readjusted or should I just live with it. you can see how the gap changes.....

What does the door gap look like towards the back of the door, by the door handle? Is that even?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah that would bug me as I have had mine in for misaligned panels and if you do just hope they have a body shop do it and not the mechanics, and check for dents when they're done.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Take it to the dealer if its under warranty. Mine had a similar problem and was adjusted at my local dealer. The whole process took about an hour with Chrysler approving the claim and the dealer adjusting it.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
I doubt most people would notice but...you're not most people. If it bugs you, have it adjusted. If not under warranty, ask a body shop. Might just be a matter of a few shims or simply losening bottom hinge and tightening top. Good luck!

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
That would bother me too. Warranty wont cover it but a good body guy can adjust it like new for you.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
That would bother me too. Warranty wont cover it but a good body guy can adjust it like new for you.
Warrenty covered my mis-aligned trunk lid so I say go for it. :smileup:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
going there today, I'll post what they say
fyi, the look on the other side of the same door is perfect, so I'm afraid if they adjust that side, it will throw off the other side...I guess we'll see

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dealer took care of this, looks perfect now, just in time to, warranty almost done!!!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
me to which is why I got it fixed !!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts