Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I recently purchased our Challenger.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Rim

We test drove a couple before we decided on this 2017 T/A that had roughly 19800 miles on it. This was the first time for either of us to get behind the wheel of a Challenger, and Dang! This car could run! So I got it home and was sitting in it checking everything out and going through controls getting familiar with how it all functioned, which led me to the glove box. I found a check list from dealer, it looks like an inspection from when they were buying from the first owner. Everything looked great. At the bottom left was a note scribbled in purple ink , "Aftermaket mufflers installed." It said it did not void the warranty, "Okay!" Naturally I rolled out of the car, onto the ground, and started trying to figure out what this car had on it. Problem was, this car is low, and it was dark already. I was able to snap a pic of the muffler.
Vehicle Car
Ive never heard of these before, so i looked them up. I couldn't find a whole lot of info on them, and they were way to quiet, so I ordered some 24250 mini race tace bullets. (I blame all of you guys who posted your cars with these 24250) (Thank You!!!) When they came in, I headed down to the muffler shop, curious to see what all I would find done to this exhaust system. This is what I found.
Auto part Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Vehicle Engine
Auto part Pipe Vehicle Car

Auto part Automotive wheel system
Automotive exterior Auto part

This being my first Challenger, I'll let you guys tell me how much of this is factory. These are the only pics I have so good luck. As far as the muffler goes....... I could not be more happy with the choice to swap what was existing! The XLerators were a chambered muffler. I feel they were detrimental to the performance Mopar has set for this vehicle. Besides, this car sounds like it looks now!
Let' talk about those welds now. I'm a welder.... That pissed me off!!! This quality of work is inexcusable! If you do not know how to do it yourself, take it to someone who' knows what they are doing! I guess its okay to learn how to do something on your own car, maybe that is the case, which is the whole reason for this thread. If you buy Used, Pre-Owned Certified, (which is what this was) or from Joe Blow down the street, make sure you go get it on a lift a check it out for yourself!!! You never what has happened to that car until you do. I hope this was an eye opener for someone. Thanks for reading!
Auto part Automotive exhaust Suspension part Exhaust system Suspension

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
She looks beautiful. I'm going to guess that everything after the 4x9 mufflers was not factory. Also I think there's supposed to be a hanger on both sides right before your tips. At least that's way way it is on my 2013 which made getting custom tips welded on a bit tricky.

Reactions: Jolene345

·
Premium Member
12,626 Posts
Jay is correct... Awesome looking car, hope you get it sorted out. As my wife would say just a pebble in the road...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone ever run 4" round tips by about 18" long? Kinda like you would on a truck. Just curious how that would sound?

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
I've not tried those but I went with Yonaka Stainless Steel 3.5" Dual Exhaust Tips. The exhaust shop cut off the clamp on them and welded them to my pipes so I could keep the rear hangers. They sit a bit proud of the bumper but they can be pretty loud and fill the back cutout nicely

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've not tried those but I went with Yonaka Stainless Steel 3.5" Dual Exhaust Tips. The exhaust shop cut off the clamp on them and welded them to my pipes so I could keep the rear hangers. They sit a bit proud of the bumper but they can be pretty loud and fill the back cutout nicely
Those look good. I've been checking some out like them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts