Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm embarrassed to ask for help I have never not been able to do something like this but my body and mind are not working at this time lol.
I need help installing a Phantom grille, I spent about 30 hours on it and really got no where except my body is bruised, scratched and sore as can be right now. I even dropped a piece down into the front dam or belly pan and couldn't get that off. I am always the one helping someone out and this is not easy at all for me to ask, but I just can't do it. I would compensate you somehow and if no one can help, I understand and I'll just get rid of the grille somehow.
Thanks, John

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
What year is your Challenger ? 2008-2009 I can help but I think things are different in the 2010 and up the way they are assembled.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is your Challenger ? 2008-2009 I can help but I think things are different in the 2010 and up the way they are assembled.
Wow thanks for the offer but in reality I think the distance between us would make things cost prohibitive. It's a 2014 and I've read post where guys put these things in a hour, I even read a guy removing the whole front facia in 30 minutes, but with the way my mind and body are working right now I maybe shouldn't even drive. Thanks again for the offer you're a very kind man and make me proud to be a member here.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
I have worked on my front end without removing the cover and I was going to give you some pointers but the 2010's on up are different in assembly. On mine the lower grill, center cushion support and right and left wind deflectors for the radiator are all intergrated in the front cover as a complete assembly though they can all be removed seperately without taking the front cover off. I recently had to replace broken components from an iceball bouncing under the front pan and busting 4 items I had to replace. I re-installed the SRT spoiler with cooling ducts when I re-assembled everything so I have the experience on the parts under there. I know that your year the cover has to be removed to work with anything under there as they made some changes. Good luck on your project. If you need advice on anything just ask and I'll try to help if I can. I know what it is to spend 30 hours and accomplish nothing, believe me I have been there brother.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have worked on my front end without removing the cover and I was going to give you some pointers but the 2010's on up are different in assembly. On mine the lower grill, center cushion support and right and left wind deflectors for the radiator are all intergrated in the front cover as a complete assembly though they can all be removed seperately without taking the front cover off. I recently had to replace broken components from an iceball bouncing under the front pan and busting 4 items I had to replace. I re-installed the SRT spoiler with cooling ducts when I re-assembled everything so I have the experience on the parts under there. I know that your year the cover has to be removed to work with anything under there as they made some changes. Good luck on your project. If you need advice on anything just ask and I'll try to help if I can. I know what it is to spend 30 hours and accomplish nothing, believe me I have been there brother.
Thank you again, I tried to get some places to quote me a price but a few wanted no part of it and the 2 that did priced it so high they knew I'd say no. I know it can't be that difficult but my mind just isn't into it right now and it's not a priority in my life at this moment. I will tell you I'm still cramping up and sore and bruised from trying lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts