Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my car to ROAR and I guess that means a new exhaust, But I have never been a car chick before and I want my beautiful 13 Plum Crazy RT classic to kick some ass. So, can all you car guys out there tell me what the top 10 performance mods you would make to it?

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,950 Posts
Welcome to the Z!

I moved you post to its own thread - it will get more exposure here....

There are several different routes to take, depending on your end game and wallet size.

A catch can is not required, nor will you see performance gains, but s highly recommended.

Check the R/T Exhaust section for info on different exhausts. Deleting the resonators, are a quick way to make the exhaust more noticeable, but the associated drone can be annoying to some. Cat back get expensive. That said, the most popular are the Solo exhaust, Corsa and Zoomers. Others will chime in on their preferred options.

The addition of a cold air intake will also change the sound.

Performance wise there are head/cam options and several supercharger options. Superchargers can bring you into the 500 RWHP range.

BTW- these cars kick ass standing still....Enjoy!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,569 Posts
Welcome from AZ, check to see if there is a club local to you and check out some cars in person that have exhaust work, then you can decide which one you like.Exhaust videos just do not give you a decent example and everybody has their own opinion.

·
12,989 Posts
Welcome to the Z!

I moved you post to its own thread - it will get more exposure here....

There are several different routes to take, depending on your end game and wallet size.

A catch can is not required, nor will you see performance gains, but s highly recommended.

Check the R/T Exhaust section for info on different exhausts. Deleting the resonators, are a quick way to make the exhaust more noticeable, but the associated drone can be annoying to some. Cat back get expensive. That said, the most popular are the Solo exhaust, Corsa and Zoomers. Others will chime in on their preferred options.

The addition of a cold air intake will also change the sound.

Performance wise there are head/cam options and several supercharger options. Superchargers can bring you into the 500 RWHP range.

BTW- these cars kick ass standing still....Enjoy!
Welcome from north N.J. 2X to the above ^^^^

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,002 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Illinois. X3 on the above posts. They will get you in the right direction.-:wavey:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Welcome Angi! You might not be a car chick but at least you know you want your car to sound like it should! Here are a few performance mods you can do depending upon your budget:

1) Exhaust: Inexpensive ($100) Delete the Resonators
Moderate ($300) Delete the Resonators and add Mufflers
Expensive ($1K+) Full Cat Back
2) CAI - will get more air to your intake and adds a little growl
3) Catch Can - catches unwanted oil blowing back into your intake
4) After Market Tune - Brings that Hemi Alive
5) Lowering Springs/Kit - really changes the way your car handles

There's a lot more you can do, but it'll cost you $$.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,461 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to the 'Z' from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. :4-wavey: Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
Welcome, like most have said, if you are budget conscious, cold air intake and mid muffler delete on the auto is great start and I got it done for $300 for both. Leaving the rear resonators will eliminate drone. A custom tune will add some quick power numbers and will cost you about $500. If you are looking at spending more then you get into full catbacks, cams/heads, superchargers. But that will get your wallet flat quick. Check the vendors here for some prices on everything you could ever want!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think my $116 blastin bobs resonator delete kit sounds great, as do many others here,
Cold air intakes available from $200 and up
Diablo sport turner allows you to open up HEMI performance without making warranty voiding mods,

After that, the sky's the limit, welcome

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! I have the cold air intake already. I am a little budget constrained, but ready to save to make some mods! I appreciate everyone's input!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
hi Angi, i highly recommend a supercharger if you want the ultimate upgrade! never mind that 7 k minimum price tag. its just money :4-wavey:

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
hi Angi, i highly recommend a supercharger if you want the ultimate upgrade! never mind that 7 k minimum price tag. its just money :4-wavey:
:smileup::smileup: Holding off until I get out of Army here and see some numbers on the Whipple :) then add Nitrous :smileup::smileup:

Exhaust I say Flowmaster !

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
yup...get the supercharger....your wallet will also get thinner so you'll go faster due to the lack of weight!!! lol....would love to though!!!

exhaust to go with that cold air

tuner to adjust the settings

throttle body

catch can

those would be the best start in my opinion

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I want my car to ROAR and I guess that means a new exhaust, But I have never been a car chick before and I want my beautiful 13 Plum Crazy RT classic to kick some ass. So, can all you car guys out there tell me what the top 10 performance mods you would make to it?

1: Catch can
2: Splash guards
3: Cold Air Intake. Mopar is the most expensive, or go with a K&N filter.
4: Since you have auto, and drone is an issue, a cheap Mod would be to delete your mufflers.
5: Diablo Trinity Tuner
6: Hurst short throw shifter.
7: Strut tower brace for the front.
8: Strut tower brace for the rear.
9: Strut tower brace for the subframe.
10: Shorty headers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts