Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up Z nation!?

I figured with the knowledge and experience of a lot of you out there I'd get input for those who would like to... I'm factoring in quality, sound, After a ton of research and countless hours of YouTubing different videos I really like two exhausts quite a bit. I have ruled out many others because I am looking for a LOUD and throaty exhaust. For example, I really liked the Borla Atak, Flowmaster 44's, etc, but I am going for more sound. Pure aggression and great sound is what I'm looking for. Here are two sound clips that have good examples of exactly what I'd like my car to sound like:

Flowmaster Outlaw (also a great clip of how quiet the stock 5.7L R/T is):

SLP Loudmouth (I'm aware that this clip is louder due to the headers and high flow cats):

Thanks in advance everyone, I appreciate it!!!

P.S. On an unrelated note, does anyone know what the difference between the SLP Loudmouth and the SLP Loudmouth II is? If not, I will just contact them directly and see what the differences are...

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I have the SLP loudmouth and love it. Strong aggressive sound. I think the difference betwwen loudmouth and loudmouth II is one has just two bullet resonators and the other has four but not 100% on that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hello, Bobby D.....welcome to the forum! I'll be honest with you, I don't have much experience with the other systems that you mentioned, but I can tell you that the Flowmaster Outlaw system (part number 817645) is an excellent choice. It is constructed of 409S stainless steel, features mandrel-bent piping so you have no flow loss, quality construction made in Northern California, U.S.A.!! This system has a limited lifetime warranty.
If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me at:
Bob Payne
[email protected]
(707) 544-4761 extension 441.

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
Many people spend way too much money looking for 'the right sound' for their car.
They go through several exhaust systems before they find the right one.
Descriptions from people and recommendations, all well meaning, just don't relate the sound you will actually get.
Best advice is to go to meets and shows and listen to cars. Talk to the owners and have them answer your questions regarding drone, volume on freeway, cold start, cost, quality, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts