Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Volant CAI system in my Challenger. The only thing I don't really like about it, is that it is completely enclosed so you can't see if it is dirty or not. I average about 3500 miles every six months. Believe it or not its my daily driver. I just live close to work so I don't really put a lot of mileage on the car. That being said how often should I clean the filter considering that I'm not putting much mileage? 1-2 times a year?

· Registered
76 Posts
This is directly from Volant's instruction:
Check the cotton reusable​
filter periodically and remove any excessive dirt build-up

by tapping the​
filter on the ground and brushing off the loosened dirt. Clean the

filter​
by using Volant’s Filter Recharger Kit. Volant’s Filter Recharger Kit is designed

to restore original air​
flow. Re-oil every 10,000 miles without cleaning to improve

filtering in sand and dirt. Clean only when dirt is very excessive or 50,000 miles.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. Thanks. I read the suggested cleaning procedures for the filter on Volant's site. When it said to reoil every 10k miles, I got a little stumped, because at the rate I am going I won't see 10k until late this year. I live in West Palm Beach. I don't drive on dirt roads, and other than rain we really do not get much else. I take it to the track occasionally. So I guess I'll just stick to the once or twice a year interval to check it. Maybe only oil once a year. Thanks for the advice.

· Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,523 Posts
Like the others have said... the dustier/dirtier the environment, the more often it should be done... I have always tried to do it about once a year at least...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.