Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably the wrong place,but......What do you use to clean the rear window interior? .....I've read where you do not want to use ammonia cleaners *** WINDEX*** etc... anyone?

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
I've not had any problems with Invisible Glass or Eagle 20/20 on the tint or the defroster wires.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I've cleaned all the windows inside and out on the Challenger for going on 5 years with Windex Professional (Aerosol can) with no problems. I tried Invisible glass but the Windex Professional works better for me. None of our vehicles has aftermarket tint so I can't comment on that. The Windex in the spritz type bottle is worthless.

Reactions: wvhemis

·
Registered
2011 Challenger R/T Classic
224 Posts
I use only Windex (non-ammonia formula) from the shelf at Walmart in the cleaning items isle. I've tried the other stuff like invisible glass and the auto parts stores versions...but they all streak and don't perform as well as Windex.

What I can't figure out is why the lower passenger side corner of my rear window always fogs up when the rest of the window doesn't. I swear there must be a leaky seal or something back there.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,911 Posts
I stopped using widow cleaner since I found fast glass towels. Just water and no streaks!
Car pro us.
I detail for a living and hate doing windows,so I only want to do them once!
These really work well, and that film seems to stay away from the windshield longer after cleaning with these.

Reactions: wvhemis

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,911 Posts
I stopped using widow cleaner since I found fast glass towels. Just water and no streaks!
Car pro us.
These really work well, and that film seems to stay away from the windshield longer after cleaning with these.
Over 5 years and still work great.

Reactions: SL63

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,021 Posts
Car pro us.
Bamboo paper towels can also be used with just water (so I've heard). Just bought a pack of bamboo towels for that use.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I just rinse and wring out the cheapo microfiber towels I wipe the car with. When they're almost dry, I wipe down the inside of the glass. Perfectly clean without any streaks, chemicals or lint. Been doing this for many years.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.