Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered Intune dcx-i1000 for my challenger 2014 -392.
I receive this week.
QUESTION : Is it really worth it to replace my original air inlet for the cold air 392 LMI True CAI
http://www.modernmuscleperformance.com/product/lmi-392-true-cai

If I buy this is it, no other !!!
Because in the Challenger forums, it is said that the original performance
is VERY EFFECTIVE and for a change, for the price $ 400., the performance difference is too small.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,500 Posts
Most of the OEM intakes have proven to be very good, performance wise. A lot of people only upgrade the filter element by using a drop in filter such as a K&N.

The main reasons for using aftermarket CAI's is sound, looks and better compatibility with other modifications.

Slight increases in Performace, mileage and responsiveness arereportedwith aftermarket CAI's.

Reactions: MIDNITE RT

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
^^^^^^ I agree with Dan ^^^^^^^

I only installed a MOPAR CAI for the 'BLING' factor when the hood is popped. It does sound better with the CAI (I have an R/T) which comes from the factory with a silencer molded off the side of the air intake tube. Others have just swapped out the Challenger air intake tube with the silencer to the Charger intake tube which doesn't have one....while yet others have just cut off that goiter and plugged the hole on the factory intake tube.

·
"Gin'iro Ryuujin"
2,355 Posts
The SRT engineers have done a great job of engineering our cars. Things like CAIs, larger throttle bodies, headers and catback exhaust will add some power but not at the levels you may want. IMO it is a lot of money for little gain. I would save your money and if you really want to add power go with a Maggie at 6lbs of boost and or forge the pistons and run higher levels of boost. X2 what Joe and Dan said

1 - 4 of 4 Posts