Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Cold Air Intake - which models?

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Wizard Of Iz 
#1 ·
Which models of 392s come with a cold air intake K&N style from the factory? It seems like my 2016 Scat Pack shaker had one and I know for sure my current car, a 2018 TA, has one. I’ve seen pix of a 2015 Scat Pack and it does not have the open filter cone. And, an acquaintance is taking delivery of a new, 2021 Scat Pack Charger and it does NOT come standard with the open cone filter. Also, either Chrysler is not wanting to nit-pick on hp and torque ratings for different models with the same engine or the K&N style CAI doesn’t add anything extra because the 392 is always rated at 485. If if doesn’t do anything, why bother? I’m a bit confused...

#2 ·
Here's a good discussion on that topic. Sounds like little to no gain for the dollars spent. On the other hand, perhaps some just want the "look" for when the hoods up at shows.

Reactions: Dodgeguy
#5 ·
If a CAI made more horsepower, then since a Challenger T/A and a Challenger Shaker have factory CAIs; they would have a higher horsepower rating than other Challengers that have an enclosed filter.

I'm fairly confident that Dodge would have exploited the extra horsepower in every way imaginable.

Having said that .... I installed the T/A-style CAI in my 2015 Challenger SRT 392. And I did so with zero expectation of increased performance. In my mind it is purely an Appearance Mod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.