Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SPS M6 F8 Green, Dynamics Package, Partial Wrap and Coating, Barton Shifter
836 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SPS M6 F8 Green, Dynamics Package, Partial Wrap and Coating, Barton Shifter
836 Posts
I had someone take dimensions of the top of the air box, they said they could make a lid using a 3D printer. It's been a a few months.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey everyone, after searching I have finally found a solution.

American Car Craft 153030

This is a seal for the Mopar cai intake. It says for 2011-2014 but Im pretty sure they are the same. Gonna order mine soon.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

This is a seal for the Mopar cai intake. It says for 2011-2014 but Im pretty sure they are the same. Gonna order mine soon.
Wow cool you found it! Be sure to take plenty of pictures before and after install. I'd like to know how that Plexiglas attaches to the metal so I can take it apart.

·
Registered
836 Posts

Hi, so I looked at the product and it says in the description "not meant to seal off the CAI", basically for decorative purposes. It's hard to tell though, it doesn't have to be 100% sealed, by blocking it off that much it would pull cool air from the base of the air box, the headlight inlet tube or Shaker. Thoughts?

Hi again, so I am working with Craig at ACC, he thinks it should work, but has requested pictures, just waiting for his response. In the description on the ACC site it does not say it is just decorative.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey, I haven’t ordered it yet but I appreciate @JTR18SHAKER doing the leg work and reaching out to acc direct. I saw a somewhat small gap myself in some of the images but thought that’s gasketing or something similar could be used to fill in the gap. I will wait to hear back though on this thread.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hey no problem. If you look at the installation guide if gives you more info.

·
Registered
226 Posts

I've no idea why the minds at Dodge opted not to go with a Hellcat closed type of airbox for the Mopar CAI but I think I will have to order one of these covers.Thanks for sharing the find.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I did try an air box from a 2011 with the sealed top. Best IATs, unfortunately no where to put the Shaker inlet hose. This cover is ideal.

·
Registered
226 Posts
So,is it just the Shaker Challengers that have the open style airboxes? I have a neighbor who recently purchased a brand new Widebody Scatpack Charger.He popped the hood so I could take a peek underneath and lo and behold it had a closed airbox!

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think if you had a Scat Pack too, without the Shaker. When I got my car I was surprised to see the open CAI, as in my old 2011 SRT the air box was sealed.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
50,607 Posts
So,is it just the Shaker Challengers that have the open style airboxes? I have a neighbor who recently purchased a brand new Widebody Scatpack Charger.He popped the hood so I could take a peek underneath and lo and behold it had a closed airbox!
The T/As also have the open airbox.

Reactions: JTR18SHAKER

·
Registered
836 Posts
Here is the response from Craig at ACC;

// Craig Hanley (American Car Craft)
Jul 15, 2020, 9:23 AM EDT
Hello Jim,

We have reviewed your pictures and have determined that our part will fit your set up. Please keep in mind, the "Challenger" script letters are not included in the price of SKU: 153030. That is a separate part and can be added through a custom invoice. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to start putting together an order. Thank you. //

So I ordered the cover this morning. For me shipping is about half the cost of the cover, but it is worth it. I will probably have to pay customs/duty costs too. After many failed prototypes I am really looking forward to receiving this cover.

Hope this helps.
Jim

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's my exact experience as well. And when ambient temps are around 70f (or less) the intake temps are like 2 degrees above ambient (or right at ambient) at highway speeds. So IMHO it is working, and is not just eye candy.

I was driving in 100+ temps one day on the highway, and my IAT was +7 over ambient. I'll guarantee a non-Shaker would not be running that.
I do not have a shaker and my IAT's while cruising at highway speeds are always around 2-4 degrees above outside air temps (usally between 85-95 degrees in South Florida)

101 - 120 of 134 Posts