Dodge Challenger Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
2018 SPS M6 F8 Green, Dynamics Package, Partial Wrap and Coating, Barton Shifter
836 Posts
But is the top of your air box sealed? Doesn't matter if Shaker or not.

·
Registered
2018 SPS M6 F8 Green, Dynamics Package, Partial Wrap and Coating, Barton Shifter
836 Posts
Update: the covers are made on a purchase so it may take a few weeks for it to arrive.

·
Registered
836 Posts
The best IATs I had was when I used a Hellcat lower air box with headlight tube and a stock top air box lid from my old 2011 SRT. At 90 kms per hour I was almost getting ambient. Of course the shaker port was disconnected.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Any update here?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Oh sorry, yes I have an update. It took about 10 days to manufacture, ACC said it should be out for delivery by tomorrow. Problem is apparently USPS and all the couriers are well behind in their deliveries. Yet my wife says Amazon has never delivered so quickly! lol. For another part I ordered from California, it has been 12 days. Tracking says it is stuck in San Fran, ya for 8 days, no movement at all. Though you fellows in the US should not have a problem.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Funny you should ask.

Well it just got released from Canada Customs after sitting there for 9 days.

It has been released for delivery but it is not on the truck yet. Hopefully today there will be some movement.

Interesting I ordered 4 other products from Florida, San Fran and California. Most shipping charges for those products was under $20 USD. For this package the least I could pay was $44.60 USD, yet it is the last package to get here and it was the first one ordered. I hope you mail system gets sorted out for voting.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Funny you should ask.

Well it just got released from Canada Customs after sitting there for 9 days.

It has been released for delivery but it is not on the truck yet. Hopefully today there will be some movement.

Interesting I ordered 4 other products from Florida, San Fran and California. Most shipping charges for those products was under $20 USD. For this package the least I could pay was $44.60 USD, yet it is the last package to get here and it was the first one ordered. I hope you mail system gets sorted out for voting.
Oddly,we are going on day three of no maiI delivery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m very interested in this thread and have read through the majority of it. Out of curiosity, has anyone just put a spacer under the airbox mounting bolt to raise it up enough so that the seals can make contact with the hood? I realize that the undersurface of the hood is not smooth but let’s address one problem at a time. I also know that this will raise the lower part of the airbox up off of it’s triangular cut out in the fender but that can be covered and shimmed easily enough to test.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I’m very interested in this thread and have read through the majority of it. Out of curiosity, has anyone just put a spacer under the airbox mounting bolt to raise it up enough so that the seals can make contact with the hood? I realize that the undersurface of the hood is not smooth but let’s address one problem at a time. I also know that this will raise the lower part of the airbox up off of it’s triangular cut out in the fender but that can be covered and shimmed easily enough to test.
Hi, I have done quite a few of simple experiments with air flow. If you raise the air box you could seal it but up to an opening which draws heated air from within the hood. That is the way my hood is laid out on my Scat Shaker. As an experiment I used a Hellcat lower air box, a sealed top and having the headlight port. Of course in this configuration I had the shaker port disconnected. This configuration was by far had the best intake temps, close to ambient at speed. The coolest air is from the front port and the lower air box opening that draws air around the wheel well. By sealing the top of the CAI, air will now be pulled from the headlight port, shaker port and the opening at the bottom of the air box. I will probably put a flap in the shaker hose to limit the amount of air as it would be the hottest, from the environment and the shaker hose that is heat soaked from the engine.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts