Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Cold air intake is a lie. Where is the cold air coming from? Alaska? A refrigeration unit under the hood? It should be called an alternate location air intake.
-John
Outside air being directly inducted into the airbox is, to me, a true ram cooler air intake. All these after market gizmos are a waste of money and for looks.

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,346 Posts
Cold air intake is a lie. Where is the cold air coming from? Alaska? A refrigeration unit under the hood? It should be called an alternate location air intake.
-John
You may laugh, but wait until I make bank with my new menthol intake filters!

·
Premium Member
201 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
you could always go old school and remove the passenger side a/c vent, route it to the front and presto bingo, literal cold air induction. of course, your passenger will hate you.
um, I vote for the hellcat airbox.
levity, just enough for you to go whaaaaaa, then it hits you. the greek strikes again.

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts
you could always go old school and remove the passenger side a/c vent, route it to the front and presto bingo, literal cold air induction. of course, your passenger will hate you.
um, I vote for the hellcat airbox.
levity, just enough for you to go whaaaaaa, then it hits you. the greek strikes again.
I was wondering who the engineers working on the Demon where talking to....now I know....lol

·
Registered
509 Posts
like the old commercial with the two monkeys hitting the transmission with bats, our mechanics are experts.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Getting cold air is easy, keeping it cold is the hard part. Fan blows heat out onto the intake tube and heats it up. That heats up the air.
I have a true ram air set up. I used the mopar box/filter. Sealed the bottom of the box. Used a redey hood with the scoops. Box seals to the hood. Have the headlight air tube also.
Buy the hellcat lower and headlight tube. Best bang for your buck

21 - 34 of 34 Posts