Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Colonial Parkway cruise

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Star92 
#1 ·
If anyone is interesting in participating in the Viper/Mopar Colonial Parkway Cruise, here's some info on it :)

Autumn Viper and Mopar cruise. Join us on November 2, 2013 as we enjoy the coolness and beauty of Autumn on the historic Colonial Parkway in Virginia. We will be touring the Yorktown Battlefield, shopping at Merchants Square in Williamsburg, and visiting the Jamestown Visitors Center. The scenic Colonial Parkway connects all of these Historic areas with overlooks of the York and James rivers, as well as miles of quiet, colorful forests. We will be stopping for 2 group photos, one with a forest backdrop and one with a river view, so be sure and bring your camera. The point of contact for the cruise is Tom McCormick. You can reach him at 757-639-4572 or at moyockmac@yahoo.com . The attached flyer has all the meeting times and places, as well as times and addresses of stopping points along the cruise. This event is free except for the $2 parking fee in Williamsburg.

#2 ·
Photo Ops

Have you thought about contacting a local photo club to see if they would be interested in shooting the cars along the route? I'm local to the area and I'm looking to do some pics at the overpasses and in the tunnel (runs under DOG street). One of the most popular car shots is blurred motion. That tunnel would be great as it's all brick inside and amber lighting. The only thing is that you need a lead vehicle and a photographer in the back. Let me know if you're interested and I'll ask a friend if his club is interested in shooting the event. Thanks.

#4 ·
Hey Everyone...to piggy back on Pam's post above, Tom McCormick has asked me to post the day's agenda for the cruise....please see below. If you live on the Peninsula and want to join the cruise in Yorktown, please do so.

Historic Virginia Autumn Viper and Mopar cruise
Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown
Saturday, November 2, 2013
Cruise Agenda:
7:00-7:30 AM: Meet in parking lot of Macy’s at Greenbrier Mall (leaving at 7:30)
8:00 AM: Arrive at Chesapeake Square Mall Sears and JC Penny parking lot (leaving at 8:30)
9:30 AM: Arrive at the Yorktown Battlefield Visitor’s Center (1000 Colonial Parkway, Yorktown, VA). You will have an hour to tour the visitor’s center and battlefields.
10:30 AM: Leave the Yorktown Battlefield Visitors center to begin the Colonial Parkway Cruise.
11:00 AM: Arrive in Williamsburg at the Prince George parking garage (230 North Henry Street) for a 1.5 Hr. walking/shopping tour of the historic Merchants Square district (www.merchantssquare.org) There is a $2 parking fee.*
12:30 PM: Head back to meet the group back at the parking garage.
1:00 PM: Leave Williamsburg to continue the Colonial Parkway cruise. There will be 2 photo stops on this leg of the cruise.**
2:00 PM: Arrive at the Jamestown Visitors center (2110 Jamestown Rd, Williamsburg, VA). You will have an hour to relax and tour the visitor’s center.
3:00 PM: Leave visitors center for Pierce’s BBQ** (447 East Rochambeau, Williamsburg, VA)
3:30 PM: Arrive at Pierce’s BBQ** (www.pierces.com)
4:30-4:45 PM: Leave Pierce’s BBQ for a group cruise to back to the Southside. There is no formal “after-cruise” gathering place, just exit the cruise when you need to.
Thank you for cruising with us and drive safe!
Point of contact:* Tom McCormick** 757-639-4572
Please contact me at moyockmac@yahoo.com, *and let me know what you are driving and where you will be meeting the group so I can get an idea of who to look for at each meeting spot.
I can also be reached on the TMC and Viper Club forums under the name dodgefever.

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks for posting the info Pam and Chazz. If anyone has any questions I'll be glad to answer them. All my contact info is in Chazz's post above or ask here. Signed up for the cruise so far I have 6 Vipers, 6 Challengers, a couple of Chargers, a Prowler, several classic Mopars, and a couple of 300 SRT8's.

#6 ·
A little more info on this cruise....
There are three clubs/groups taking part in this cruise. The Viper Club of America, The Tidewater Mopar Club, and this Challenger forum group. I have about a half dozen Vipers, about the same number of Challengers and various other Mopars signed up.
Now that the budget has been approved, the Colonial Parkway is back open and there is no issue with the cruise! I went up there today to check out things and it looks like the leaves should be at peak color for the cruise. I went into the parking garage and it seems most people don't use the second floor so we should all be able to park together. I walked the Merchants Square area and there are TONS of places to see and things to do! I'm looking forward to our newly expanded cruise! See you soon.

#9 ·
Anyone take any photos of the cruise? :4-dontknow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.