Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add a Cam to your VCT Motor? This package inlcludes everything you will need to do the swap for the COMP CAM 270

If are wanting to install a CAM into your 5.7L Eagle motor we have the package for you! This will come with all parts necessary. This package includes:

-Comp Cams HEMI Phaser "270" Camshaft
-Comp Cams Phase Limiters
-Manley Retainers
-Manley Isolators
-PSI 1511 Valve Springs

Optional Acceories
-Mopar OEM Non MDS Lifters (Needed for Automatic Cars)
-Mopar OEM Head Bolts and Head Gaskets
-Custom Email Tune
-Diablo Tuner

*Please Note* If you choose to add the Custom Email Tune for this product, please put in the customer notes the: Year/Make/Model, a list of your mods, Octane of Gas you wish to use and what kind of Tuner. Email your stock tune file to: [email protected].
To Order: http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/sx-270-cp.htm

Thanks
Mikey

·
Registered
75 Posts
How many HP can one expect to realistically gain?

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All going to be based on tuning (if you go for custom tuning). I would say realistically around 40-50 rwhp

·
Registered
75 Posts
So...dumb question, if I buy this and supercharger would I have to worry about blowing the motor or tranny on the car in my profile? With the little bit of mods in my signature?

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
So...dumb question, if I buy this and supercharger would I have to worry about blowing the motor or tranny on the car in my profile? With the little bit of mods in my signature?
I would do either/or, unless you plan on forging the motor.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Forging the motor to me is a broad term. You mean specific parts? Or Am I unclear what forging means?

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
Forging the motor to me is a broad term. You mean specific parts? Or Am I unclear what forging means?
Basically upgrading the internals, pistons rods, crank etc.

The reason being, in order to take advantage if a cam with a supercharger to its fullest extent you will be pushing the limits of the oem internals. You would probably also want to go with a custom cam grind made specifically for a supercharger if you went the route of boost + cam.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Could you post up some dyno sheets of before/after on some cars that have had this specific mod done?

I've read threads on here where guys have gotten the 40-50 hp like you're stating and others that got 20 hp, some got 0hp and just a bunch of trouble. I know there will be variations due to tuning, but maybe a couple different dyno sheets or something? $1,425 isn't an insane price, but it's also not chump change. Would like to see some proof of this having positive results.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will look around for some dyno sheets.

The 0-20 is definitely the tuning. Once you find someone that knows how to tune these vehicles correctly, those numbers will e increased.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Cool, would be neat to see some dyno sheets for this mod. I'm sure that would help boost your sales as well.

I'm sure tuning does make a big difference on something like that. I've heard the 5.7L VVT Hemi is tough to tune right.

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
Cool, would be neat to see some dyno sheets for this mod. I'm sure that would help boost your sales as well.

I'm sure tuning does make a big difference on something like that. I've heard the 5.7L VVT Hemi is tough to tune right.
We had a recent customer over on the chargerforumz install this package on his 5.7 Charger AWD. He ended up with 402rwhp and 384rwtq. Stock his numbers were 315-320rwhp. His mods are this cam package, as well as American Racing Long Tube Headers, 87mm Throttle Body, Corsa Cat Back exhaust, and an LMI Fender Pull Intake.

Here is the thread on his build

http://www.chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=170536

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Nice! That's not bad at all! That's really close to stock 392 numbers there.

I'm sure the guy/gal didn't care about gas mileage before and after, but I'm guessing with the cam change the MPG's would go down a decent amount right? For a toy car it wouldn't matter, but a daily driver it would. When I swapped out the heads/cam in my Nova the mileage went down quite a bit, but power went way up as well.

Where are you guys located? I'm assuming you also do installs/labor, etc?

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
Nice! That's not bad at all! That's really close to stock 392 numbers there.

I'm sure the guy/gal didn't care about gas mileage before and after, but I'm guessing with the cam change the MPG's would go down a decent amount right? For a toy car it wouldn't matter, but a daily driver it would. When I swapped out the heads/cam in my Nova the mileage went down quite a bit, but power went way up as well.

Where are you guys located? I'm assuming you also do installs/labor, etc?
We are located in south Florida, this customer was located elsewhere so he had the parts installed and tuned locally to him.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Sweet! Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts