Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two months out of warranty, cooling fan is kaput. Fan blade wobbles & sounds like a weed wacker. Dealer price--$469.46 for the fan assembly & $84.82 labor--total w/taxes $554.28. They'll have the fan in two days.
RockAuto: enter Chrysler part # 68050129AA and come up with a direct replacement from DORMAN (part #621526). Total cost with next business day delivery:----wait for it---$150.90!! Guess which road I took??? :thk: I'll change it out myself (done it before). ROCKAUTO Rocks.--:smileup:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wow, that's too bad, how many miles are you at? Cooling fans should last quite a while, a failure at this point is not cool at all...

·
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, that's too bad, how many miles are you at? Cooling fans should last quite a while, a failure at this point is not cool at all...
29,800 miles. Three years & three months old. Daily driver. I do have a report filed with Chrysler customer service. We'll see.--:4-dontknow:

·
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
E-mail confirmation received from RockAuto this morning. Fan assembly will arrive this coming Monday. Weather forecast 62 degrees & sunny. Guess what I'll be doing Monday afternoon?--:mail:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,720 Posts
E-mail confirmation received from RockAuto this morning. Fan assembly will arrive this coming Monday. Weather forecast 62 degrees & sunny. Guess what I'll be doing Monday afternoon?--:mail:
That is good news, hope you can give us a short write up on the job because I am sure some of us will need to do it at some point.:smileup:

·
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RockAuto came through. Fan assembly arrived Monday at 2:45 P.M. (UPS). Opened up the box and the Dorman assembly is identical to the O.E.M. one, and in perfect shape. Hop in the Challenger and head off to Advanced Auto Parts for some cleaning supplies & engine oil sale.
Here's where Murphy's Law kicks in. On the way back home, radio off, and the growling noise is gone?????? Get it back home in the garage, leave it running, pop the hood, cooling fan running and no Sh#@. Noise is gone--but still a wobbling fan blade. It's like going to the dentist with that sensitive tooth. Get there and all is good. I'm going to hold off replacing for now. The main thing, I've got the replacement and should take about two hours to change out (frosty beverage break included).-- :i_rolleyes:

·
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FROSTY BEVERAGES!!!???!!! I think this repair requires a group for input and feedback to make sure it's done 'right'!!
Let me know when so I can take a road trip!
That sounds great. I figure three assistants will do it. One optimist, one pessimist, and the politically correct pain in the a#% neighbor.
:3stooges:

Oh yea, now for the important stuff. Which do you prefer? Bottles or cans?:beerchug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts