Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been debating about the next mod to do on the Challenger, and I came across a company called Core Shifters. Got to looking on their website, and they make shifter kits for many makes of cars, including ours. I just ordered a handle and hurst shift knob for $60. I was looking at the mopar short throw handle, but at $125, this seems like a good route to go. I searched the forum to see if I could find any info, but had no luck. Anybody bought one of these, and if so, how do you like it? The website is http://www.core-shifters.com/servlet/StoreFront.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
I bought a Core shifter and added the Hurst T handle to it and like it. It shorted the shift a bit but it's mainly a cosmetic upgrade. Same for the Mopar short shifter.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just got the short shifter handle and Hurst knob, I like it, the wierd angle on the stock lever/grip bothered me alot. This one works much better.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank yall, I was hoping I hadn't wasted 60 bucks on a piece of junk. My problem with the stock shifter is if you have a drink in the cupholder, you have to reach around and bend your arm funny to change gears.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed the shifter earlier, and it makes such a difference. Shifts feel much shorter, and to me it made the stock shifter less spongy. Black Hurst ball looks awesome too!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I installed a Core shift stick and white Hurst ball back in June. It looks and feels 10 times better than the crappy stock shifter. It's a much better deal than the Mopar shifter.

Glad you are happy with yours.

Here's mine:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I can't believe I couldn't find any threads on it. By the way dz, that car is sick. Love that orange with black wheels.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are the man Jay. I have been looking for something like that. Mine did have the brace on the outside. I used the stock bolts and washers with a little locktite and it's great. Will definitely keep an eye on it to see if I gave any vibration issues.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah, I can't believe I couldn't find any threads on it. By the way dz, that car is sick. Love that orange with black wheels.
Thank you sir.

·
Registered
104 Posts
these are nice shifters because they continue to use the OEM bushings and support bracing. The high-end Hurst Competition shifter is extremely nice, but the poly bushings and tight fit has a tendency to transmit transmission noise and vibration up through the handle into the interior. These cores shifters don't do that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
these are nice shifters because they continue to use the OEM bushings and support bracing. The high-end Hurst Competition shifter is extremely nice, but the poly bushings and tight fit has a tendency to transmit transmission noise and vibration up through the handle into the interior. These cores shifters don't do that.

So in reality, the cheap way around getting to a good shifter is to buy a handle from Core and then knock out some firmer bushings.

Hmmm, sound like a winter project for me................

1 - 13 of 13 Posts