Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2013 Challenger SXT.
The radio appears to be very basic (no navigation or bluetooth).
4 speaker sound system.
I do have the EVIC system.

What will happen if I go with the "Metra 70-6522"

Someone at Brandsmart was saying I needed the radio harness that was around $80, but I don't want to spend that if I don't HAVE to.

Will I lose the EVIC functionality, or will error codes be thrown?

Sorry if this has been asked, just didn't see anything on my specific model.

Thanks for any information!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Kumgetjoosum, I recently upgraded my head unit about 2 months ago and sadly you will require the "expensive" wire harness. The reason the harness is so expensive is because the challenger uses what is called a CAN BUS system. I had tried using the standard $5-10 wire harness and it would not work. I searched around and found one for my car for $50 online shipped. The model number you're looking for is C2R-CHY4. Hope this helps and good luck to you!
~Will

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Kumgetjoosum, I recently upgraded my head unit about 2 months ago and sadly you will require the "expensive" wire harness. The reason the harness is so expensive is because the challenger uses what is called a CAN BUS system. I had tried using the standard $5-10 wire harness and it would not work. I searched around and found one for my car for $50 online shipped. The model number you're looking for is C2R-CHY4. Hope this helps and good luck to you!
~Will
Thank you!!
This is the exact info I was looking for!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just double checked since my car is an '09, the details says its for 08-12 challengers so you may want to look and see if they have one for your specific year. It sounds like you have the same OEM radio as me and I also had the 4 speaker set up so I would assume it would work but just do a little research to make sure before you buy one.
~Will

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just double checked since my car is an '09, the details says its for 08-12 challengers so you may want to look and see if they have one for your specific year. It sounds like you have the same OEM radio as me and I also had the 4 speaker set up so I would assume it would work but just do a little research to make sure before you buy one.
~Will
Thanks Will!!
I have verified with a few different install shops that the "C2R-CHY4" will work on the 2013!
Thanks again for the feedback!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.