Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 2452 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
it did at the beginning. all the senior centers that were hit. but now, its just people who have gotten bored sitting at home, going to the beach etc.
Yeah, the beaches around here are jam packed...

Reactions: Derecho

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
their response, we don't like masks. they want to move to Orlando. ooofa! stay safe everybody, which I am sure you don't need me to tell you that.
Why Orlando has manditory mask also. Not that anyone is using them. Keep them we don't want them.

Reactions: Derecho

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Gotcha. Both Florida and Arizona are popular retirement destinations- I wonder if the age of the populations have anything to do with the higher level of outbreak.
The Villages one of the bigest retirement places in the state didnt have a lot of cases the last time I saw.

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,287
Our local judge just announced everyone must wear mask inside any business starting noon tomorrow. Enforcement will be up to citizens calling in to report places that are not enforcing this mandate. Those businesses will be shut down by local law enforcement. There is no amount of money worth being a cop right now........thank God for them and all the first responders right now.

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,290
Wish that was true around here....but there are more no mask than mask wearers here....and I bet most of the south. The north east has been hit harder and that has had a convincing effect on many there but people who live in areas not yet hit hard definitely seem to have not seen the light yet....or at least not as many.
This was just a month ago....my how things have changed in that time. A governor that opened this state way ahead of most and didn't think mask where very important....is now begging for mask and bracing for another Italy and New York here in Texas. I can only hope for the best....but know the worst is all too likely at this point.

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
My girlfriend works two 24 hour shifts per week on an ambulance crew. Has many contacts with 3 hospitals. Pleurisy is becoming rampant as a new problem. It's caused by re-breathing. Right! Being caused by the masks people are wearing. It affects the lining of the lungs and can lead to pneumonia and other types of breathing problems. These masks the majority are wearing are NOT respirators. They have no intake and exhaust valve so you don't re-breathe your own air. No mask for me. I just stay the hell away from everyone.
-John

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Our local judge just announced everyone must wear mask inside any business starting noon tomorrow. Enforcement will be up to citizens calling in to report places that are not enforcing this mandate. Those businesses will be shut down by local law enforcement. There is no amount of money worth being a cop right now........thank God for them and all the first responders right now.
They tried that here, the police departments said no.

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,294 (Edited)
Just to state some physIcs that maybe some do not understand..... yes....the viruse is very small...and by itself...would go right through most any mask. But in real life....when the viruse is expelled from the body of a person who has it.....it is 99.9% percent of the time attached to a droplet of greatly various sizes. This droplet that one or more often many viruse are riding on is many magnitudes larger than the individual viruse itself and upon touching the cloth or paper of a mask....stick like glue to it. To demonstrate this on a larger scale that can be seen with your eyes....dip a finger in water and pull it out....look at a drop of water on your finger as you barely touch that with a paper towel or piece of dry cloth and watch that drop jump off your finger onto the "mask". This is why mask have been around for hundreds of years to combat transfer of infections. It is why every surgeon and heath care worker uses them worldwide. They are PROVEN....with real science....to work. Not 100%....but to a very large degree. Millions of people in Asian countrys are now and have been for some years now wearing them in public settings becouse....THEY WORK.....and people there are not getting sick from them....what....are we Americans a weaker breed that can not tolerate mask unless we are a doctor or a health care worker....or are many....once again...just looking for any excuse to not believe something that is proven to be true.

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,295

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
I have to find the post, but there was a respiratory nurse that showed oxygen absorption with and without masks. she had several masks, including the paper kind, a cloth one she made and a full on mask with respirator. the difference in oxygen absorption was .0001 between no mask and mask. even the cloth one. Asian countries all wear them, during flu season, if the pollution is bad. we can't?

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,430 Posts
Just to state some physIcs that maybe some do not understand..... yes....the viruse is very small...and by itself...would go right through most any mask. But in real life....when the viruse is expelled from the body of a person who has it.....it is 99.9% percent of the time attached to a droplet of greatly various sizes. This droplet that one or more often many viruse are riding on is many magnitudes larger than the individual viruse itself and upon touching the cloth or paper of a mask....stick like glue to it. To demonstrate this on a larger scale that can be seen with your eyes....dip a finger in water and pull it out....look at a drop of water on your finger as you barely touch that with a paper towel or piece of dry cloth and watch that drop jump off your finger onto the "mask". This is why mask have been around for hundreds of years to combat transfer of infections. It is why every surgeon and heath care worker uses them worldwide. They are PROVEN....with real science....to work. Not 100%....but to a very large degree. Millions of people in Asian countrys are now and have been for some years now wearing them in public settings becouse....THEY WORK.....and people there are not getting sick from them....what....are we Americans a weaker breed that can not tolerate mask unless we are a doctor or a health care worker....or are many....once again...just looking for any excuse to not believe something that is proven to be true.
The whole idea of wearing masks is not self protection but rather to reduce the parabolic spread when you cough or sneeze. As you pointed out, Dan, the virus attaches to droplets which can be propelled up to 12 to 15 feet from the source. A simple cloth or paper mask will corral those disgusting droplets to less than three feet for the particles that make it through. Without the measures recommended by the CDC, American casualties could be 20 times greater.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
florida broke its on record for highest number of one day cases. 5500+ on Wednesday beating the record or 4400 on Saturday that was from …...florida!

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,300
Pima county now at 6546, 228 more than yesterday. Infection rate is now 8.9%.​
Your state and mine seem to be mirror images on what is now going on Corbin.....more so than any other state except maybe Florida. What is the connection? When and how we reopened? Attitude of residents? Climate? Somehow I get the feeling there is something to be learned here.

2281 - 2300 of 2452 Posts