Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 2452 Posts

·
Administrator
48,723 Posts
Your state and mine seem to be mirror images on what is now going on Corbin.....more so than any other state except maybe Florida. What is the connection? When and how we reopened? Attitude of residents? Climate? Somehow I get the feeling there is something to be learned here.
Opened to soon, protests, bunch of dumb f&%#s live here.

·
Administrator
48,723 Posts
Highest day here was close to 3600 but the population is only 1/3 of Florida and less than a 1/4 of Texas. So we are way ahead of almost everybody, not a good thing.

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,304
Highest day here was close to 3600 but the population is only 1/3 of Florida and less than a 1/4 of Texas. So we are way ahead of almost everybody, not a good thing.
Not good!!!....NOT GOOD!!!! All three states have pretty much the exact positivity in the test. I am not sure if we are now too far in to get out but I very much doubt the will to do what is needed is there yet.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
hopefully your governors don't pull bone head moves like north east and put covid patients in nursing homes then wonder why they
have such a high death rate, then blame every one else but them selves . tip from NY for what its worth , keep a mask in every car you drive just so you have it
and a bottle of hand sanitizer , when you get to your car use hand sanitizer then remove mask ,in my opinion the second advantage mask keeps grubby paws
that have touched everything away from nose and mouth.

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,308
hopefully your governors don't pull bone head moves like north east and put covid patients in nursing homes then wonder why they
have such a high death rate, then blame every one else but them selves . tip from NY for what its worth , keep a mask in every car you drive just so you have it
and a bottle of hand sanitizer , when you get to your car use hand sanitizer then remove mask ,in my opinion the second advantage mask keeps grubby paws
that have touched everything away from nose and mouth.
That is precisely how I do it. Mask on in car or van before I go in anywhere....once back in vehical....hand sanitizer rubbed in until dry and then mask off. As far as hospital overflow Texas has and is lining up motel/ hotel rooms for this right now. Personally....I would just rather die at home.

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,309
5,250 new cases reported today and local TV now saying largest hospital in Houston is 100% full in ICU
Our Republican senator is going to call president Trump tomorrow to try to get him to change his mind about cutting off federal funds for testing. Slowing down testing may help the number of new cases reported but I wonder what the plan is for the hospitalizations numbers.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,430 Posts
That is precisely how I do it. Mask on in car or van before I go in anywhere....once back in vehical....hand sanitizer rubbed in until dry and then mask off. As far as hospital overflow Texas has and is lining up motel/ hotel rooms for this right now. Personally....I would just rather die at home.
I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer, a box of nitrile rubber gloves, and a mask in each car. Put on the gloves after putting on my mask and before entering a public establishment. Rubber gloves are peeled off and tossed as I exit a store, hand sanitizer applied, and (like you) rubbed dry before I remove the mask.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Florida just reported 8,900 Effective immediately all bars shut down.

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Registered
2,880 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,430 Posts
COVID-19 finally hit home for me this past week. Job-wise, that is. I felt relatively insulated from the economic impact because I work in IT and working from home is already 2nd nature for most IT professionals because a good portion of our work has to be conducted after hours. I've always had a mini version of my office at home for this reason. The transition has been seamless for myself and members of my team.

But the past two weeks have brought the economic downturn home. Three long term coworkers who have been on my team since 2010 (including one friend who was my manager for the first 5 years and brought me into my current job) were unceremoniously "separated" from our company via a work force reduction. I was spared from the WFR, and I was even awarded a performance raise a few days ago which left me with a lot of head scratching. How do you award raises when other valuable employees are being dismissed?

Yesterday everyone in my company attended an online enterprise meeting with our VP of Operations who discussed at length what our future plans are for the next 6 months to one year. He confirmed that our office facility would not fully reopen until a vaccine is developed and would be minimally staffed only by employees physically required to be onsite (namely our field service techs and janitorial staff). Our company is also seriously considering buying out the remainder of our building lease and keeping the rest of us working from home as a permanent option.

·
Registered
25 Posts
the government has to stop all the political crap and start looking at this properly what caused this sudden jump.
the ban on asking people if they have been involved in protests or with people from protests . blame it on people going to the beach
or parks in bright sunlight were the virous has a 2 minute half life. or the belief that if you travel between states its quarantine for two
weeks that's what NY gov bonehead wants first he kills the elderly, then interstate commerce . but don't look behind the Cu👀rtin.

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,318
In case you missed it....Houston hospitals are full and under great stress now to find extra places to put sick people. The doctors and nurses doing the best they can no longer can give the best care I strongly suspect. And yet I am still hearing some say there is plenty more beds...yada....yada...yada. Just like everything else since this terrible virus got here there is two separate and opposing views of reality on every little aspect.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Pima county now at 7525, 439 more than yesterday . Infection rate is now 9.6%. 3858 new cases statewide since yesterday, I think that is a record.
And I think it is a lopt of Mexicans who shouldn't have been allowed to cross the border...

2301 - 2320 of 2452 Posts