Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2321 - 2340 of 2452 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not everywhere, I think doctors have learned how to treat patients more than at the onset.
Yes, I think we are seeing several things.
1. I think the massive increases in testing HAS resulted in catching SOME cases not otherwise being caught. The CDC says there have likely been 10 times more actual cases than have been confirmed with a test. It makes sense that if you test more you will catch some of those.
2. I think many of the new cases now are young people that have been out and about - bars, beaches, social gatherings, etc - and it just doesn’t affect young people as badly. They are far far more likely to just have a mild case.
3. I think, as you mentioned, they have learned better ways to treat patients than early on in the pandemic. Plus there is far more effort to keep it out if nursing/retirement homes. That lesson has been learned.
And 4. I think there is some truth to that article posted earlier where the Doctor in Italy said the virus is weakening and isn’t as lethal as it was initially.

I think a combination of all of these contributes to the fact that the fatalities continue to trend down even though cases have increased. Time will tell if all of that will be enough to keep the fatalities down with all of the cases going up.

Those are my thoughts and those and $3.50 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,324
I can not say one way or the other if I believe that report from Italy saying the viruse has weakened. There are other variables that could explain what they are seeing but hey....we can hope. From what I see here in the US....the total deaths this last 7 days is almost exactly what it was the last 7 days before that so holding steady would be how I would describe that although from a lot of what I'm reading death certificates run 2 to 3 weeks behind the actual event.....and normal hospital stay before death is 2 to 3 weeks so what is really going on right now is hard to say but seeing the spikes in hospitalizations I would have a very hard time believing things are getting better. I very much do agree that the younger age of those getting it along with the new treatments are making a huge difference in what the bad news right now would otherwise be but I do very much worry that all these young people who have it now are right now in the process of giving it to all the older people in their lives.....I hope not....but it seems logical. At any rate....I think things as a whole are getting worse right now and are going to be bad news for jobs the economy and lives lost. Again....I can only hope my personal assessment is wrong.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
I'm really struggling at work this past week. Our AC system is old and they don't want to overload it so it's set at 78 and the fan setting is set to low. Patient rooms are set to patient preference. I was garbed with a mask & faceshield & a gown in an 82 degree room helping a patient and got so lightheaded and shaky legs that I had to sit down or fall down. I had turned the heat off when I first went in and left the door cracked too. It scared me. What if I had been mid transfer with the patient? I spoke with the higher ups and got an oh response and that our system was old bs story...again. Her office was a nice cool 68 degrees tho. And another thing...she didn't wear anything but a mask when she was talking to a patient 2 feet away from them. I'm burning out and burning up. Will I keep coming back for more...yea that's what I do...Rant over.

·
Administrator
48,723 Posts
I'm really struggling at work this past week. Our AC system is old and they don't want to overload it so it's set at 78 and the fan setting is set to low. Patient rooms are set to patient preference. I was garbed with a mask & faceshield & a gown in an 82 degree room helping a patient and got so lightheaded and shaky legs that I had to sit down or fall down. I had turned the heat off when I first went in and left the door cracked too. It scared me. What if I had been mid transfer with the patient? I spoke with the higher ups and got an oh response and that our system was old bs story...again. Her office was a nice cool 68 degrees tho. And another thing...she didn't wear anything but a mask when she was talking to a patient 2 feet away from them. I'm burning out and burning up. Will I keep coming back for more...yea that's what I do...Rant over.
Hang in there and please be safe.

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,328
This is a rather long article and I get the feeling most here on the Z do not want to hear anything more about things but it is worth reading. It pinpoints all the main things that if we are going to do better while waiting on vaccines....we need to acknowledge and learn from the truths spelled out in this news story.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Nobody to blame except the people that don't want to follow the guidelines and suggestions. Unfortunately I don't think this is going to make anyone any more cautious.

But we can only hope.

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,331
That is one of the things here in Texas Corbin. With the very first opening at 25% of restaurants and bars....no one was policing the orders here in Texas and places where packed to the rafters everywhere with no mask to be seen most the time. I seriously do not understand how otherwise normal seeming people do not understand that this viruse needs people in close contact with other people to make the jump and continue it's spread of devestation sickness and death. Guess choosing to believe against all scientific evidence to the contrary that it is just the flu and it will just fade away is a way to avoid worry and disruptions to life the way some want it to be. Goes against something or other not liked as a reason to not save lives by wearing a mask....are you seriously going to draw a partisan line in the blood of fellow Americans.....I truly am in disbelief of where we are at this point in time. And has Vicky said earlier today....rant over.

·
Administrator
48,723 Posts
Pima county now at 8004, 436 more than yesterday. Infection rate is 9.9%. I believe the count includes some from yesterday because they recieved some reports too late for publishing yesterday.

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,333
Pima county now at 8004, 436 more than yesterday. Infection rate is 9.9%. I believe the count includes some from yesterday because they recieved some reports too late for publishing yesterday.
I heard on TV something about a 20 something percent positivity rate in Arizona.....and I am confused now.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Wife is in hospital with it now. Went to a walk in on the 20th was diagnosed with sinus infection. She gets these couple of times a year. Went got COVID test on 22nd and was to get results in 2 to 4 days still no results. Went to 2 places on the 27th with no help.Said wait on COVD results. Finaly went somewhere else today and they did a 4 hr test. And Positive.

She laid in bed 10 days never got better but never got worse either so hopefully maybe its a mild case. Thumbs crossed.

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Premium Member
8,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,337
Wife is in hospital with it now. Went to a walk in on the 20th was diagnosed with sinus infection. She gets these couple of times a year. Went got COVID test on 22nd and was to get results in 2 to 4 days still no results. Went to 2 places on the 27th with no help.Said wait on COVD results. Finaly went somewhere else today and they did a 4 hr test. And Positive.

She laid in bed 10 days never got better but never got worse either so hopefully maybe its a mild case. Thumbs crossed.
Prayers are all I have. VERY much hope for the best outcome.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,430 Posts
Got word from my gym that they are closing down again for two weeks after a member and a staffer tested positive for COVID-19. I wasn't planning on returning until next year at the earliest. Instead I bought a FitBit Charge 4 and walk 6 miles every morning. I also bought an Oyo personal gym and started using that for strength training.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Allegheny county PA put in effect today at 5pm that no establishments will serve alchohol, they believe the new higher number cases are being spread from the youngins that have been traveling to the beach and back to the PA bars. Gyms are still open, fingers crossed they remain open.

·
Trigger657
1,468 Posts

Good luck to you all..

2321 - 2340 of 2452 Posts