Dodge Challenger Forum banner

461 - 480 of 1040 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
I am afraid Texas is going to get hit very hard very soon. Our governor is trying to balance the economy and the virus meaning many continue on as normal but that isn't the worst of it. Every day....everywhere you go around here....Sam's....Walmarts...all the chain grocery stores....the parking lots look like it's black Friday at the malls. There is bound to be repercussions from this big time. Last Monday our local Walmart announced seniors only shopping from 6 to 7am only. Cindy went only to find empty shelves and huge crowds of people bringing their whole family's kids and all. We are SOOOO screwed!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
I am afraid Texas is going to get hit very hard very soon. Our governor is trying to balance the economy and the virus meaning many continue on as normal but that isn't the worst of it. Every day....everywhere you go around here....Sam's....Walmarts...all the chain grocery stores....the parking lots look like it's black Friday at the malls. There is bound to be repercussions from this big time. Last Monday our local Walmart announced seniors only shopping from 6 to 7am only. Cindy went only to find empty shelves and huge crowds of people bringing their whole family's kids and all. We are SOOOO screwed!!!!
It all happened here and still has not recovered as far as necessities, fare well down there, make sure you are prepped for more than just TP shortage!

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
One of the big deals here is not taking things seriously among the younger generation, we are healthy and strong no need to worry mentality! I have had this conversation with my grandson who lives with me, 18 yrs old and indestructible, so he believes. He vapes, one of the things they say that this virus will prey on. He thinks he knows it all but he could easily bring it here and cause an event that my wife and I may not survive.

This mentality is what is going to bring a lot of people down and it does make me very uneasy.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Stay safe T.. this rapidly multiplies seemingly from nowhere and you have those New Yawkers coming down there to escape the city and who knows what they bring with them.

·
801 RWHP
7,961 Posts
We would almost be better off business as usual. Instead we have limited stores that people are trying to jam into. The stores are packed everyday.

I'm doing my part. When I take my dog out for her pre dawn and night time poop..........well, when in Rome (or your backyard in the dark). My tp is reserved for guests during my weekend house parties.

A very popular game at these parties is Blowblink. You face off against someone from the other team. You stand toe to toe and blow in each others face, trying to make the other blink.

Then there's this...

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
26,806 Posts
Stay safe T.. this rapidly multiplies seemingly from nowhere and you have those New Yawkers coming down there to escape the city and who knows what they bring with them.
Thank you. Fortunately, I have no immediate family left in NY.
The Keys are closed to tourists as of today or tomorrow. Need a resident ID or windshield sticker, or proof that you are working in the Keys. The county is setting up road blocks on the 18 mile stretch and Card Sound Road (the 2 roads into the keys). Long term vacation rentals can stay until the end of the lease, but the lease cannot be extended. All short term rentals and hotels needed to be gone by last week.

My two biggest problems now are - will I get the TP I ordered from McMaster Carr in time, and WTF do I do with Bob for the duration of his "lay-off."

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
26,806 Posts
Yeah, those friggin New Yawkers that go south. Pffft. What's that about?
If you lived in NY, wouldn't you want to leave?????

Especially right now???

BTW - I left for a $20K raise....

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
We would almost be better off business as usual. Instead we have limited stores that people are trying to jam into. The stores are packed everyday.

I'm doing my part. When I take my dog out for her pre dawn and night time poop..........well, when in Rome (or your backyard in the dark). My tp is reserved for guests during my weekend house parties.

A very popular game at these parties is Blowblink. You face off against someone from the other team. You stand toe to toe and blow in each others face, trying to make the other blink.

Then there's this...
You ain't right!

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
I like how Congress throws a trillion dollars around like a twenty dollar bill. Good grief!!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,164 Posts
I just read Dan's post about all the Walmart's going nuts. And all those people right next to each other, using all the same carts, breathing on each other. I went into our local grocery store on Sunday and there were two other customers in there. I thank GOD for small towns, small grocery stores, and the wide open spaces we live in.

Maybe Walmart running all those smaller grocery stores out of business wasn't such a great thing for the country.

I still believe the news media fanned this flame and are partly to blame for this crazy behavior. A few weeks ago, I put out the thought that they should just quarantine older more at risk people and leave everything else alone. Now it is looking like a better idea everyday. They don't seem to be stopping this virus. Most younger people aren't the ones needing hospitalization. If the older people had been quarantined right away, many of them might not have gotten it, and then the hospitals would not be overrun.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Common sense is the theme really and a lot of people seem to lack that. I drove past 5 guys yesterday walking up the road wearing lime green vests, apparently county or state workers, social distancing wasn't even on their minds so there ya go.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,164 Posts
One of the big deals here is not taking things seriously among the younger generation, we are healthy and strong no need to worry mentality! I have had this conversation with my grandson who lives with me, 18 yrs old and indestructible, so he believes. He vapes, one of the things they say that this virus will prey on. He thinks he knows it all but he could easily bring it here and cause an event that my wife and I may not survive.

This mentality is what is going to bring a lot of people down and it does make me very uneasy.
Your grandson is young, so he doesn't think about these things like older people. He will change. My son will be 30 this year. He was supposed to come over for his Dad's birthday on Monday night. He called right before supper and said he wasn't coming, he wasn't feeling well, so he went home. He hasn't been over here for about two weeks, which is very unusual. I know it is because he doesn't want us to catch anything from him. I think he just has a cold, there aren't any cases of COVID19 here, but he is still being very careful. Bless him for that, but I sure would like to see him!

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
I just read Dan's post about all the Walmart's going nuts. And all those people right next to each other, using all the same carts, breathing on each other. I went into our local grocery store on Sunday and there were two other customers in there. I thank GOD for small towns, small grocery stores, and the wide open spaces we live in.

Maybe Walmart running all those smaller grocery stores out of business wasn't such a great thing for the country.

I still believe the news media fanned this flame and are partly to blame for this crazy behavior. A few weeks ago, I put out the thought that they should just quarantine older more at risk people and leave everything else alone. Now it is looking like a better idea everyday. They don't seem to be stopping this virus. Most younger people aren't the ones needing hospitalization. If the older people had been quarantined right away, many of them might not have gotten it, and then the hospitals would not be overrun.
That is an issue Betty but look at the city life, people are close together normally. They are limiting 100 people in a CostCo here and sanitize each cart before they hand one over. Panic was caused by the media and hoarding caused by greedy people who were going to make a fast buck flipping products, the "American" way! Wait until there is a real flu epidemic that involves the digestive tract, people will run the inhalers out of the stores in groves! :oops:

461 - 480 of 1040 Posts