Dodge Challenger Forum banner

501 - 520 of 1071 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,210 Posts
The now projected numbers for New York are REAL bad. I hear people are fleeing from there to anywhere else. If it is true that New York is the Canary in the mine and the future for the rest of the country......we do not have anywhere close to enough of anything we need to save lives.
As of yesterday, 322 NYC police officers have tested positive and over 3200 have called out sick.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Pima county now with 2 fatalities, 2nd was a man in his 70s with underlying medical problems.
Santa Cruz County now has two cases. It appears the border closure is working well here.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Stopped at Sams Club, no paper towels or toilet paper, grabbed some nut bars, granny smith apples and some chicken, case of vitamin water and some other stuff. Not many people there, was fine for me. Had to pick up some materials at Home Depot for emergency repairs at one facility, long lines, guessin the honey-do lists are top priority.
I still don't understand the toilet paper thing. There was none last week when I went grocery shopping, but I wasn't too worried about it as I still had two rolls. I'm down to less than one now and starting to wonder...guess I can always use wet wipes or kleenex until this phase of hording paper products passes. I refuse to pay more than a couple bucks for toilet paper or bread. Anyone else see that new angle soft toilet tissue commercial in which they say they are working hard night and day to get the product to your family? I thought it was kind of amusing.

·
Premium Member
8,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #506
I still don't understand the toilet paper thing. There was none last week when I went grocery shopping, but I wasn't too worried about it as I still had two rolls. I'm down to less than one now and starting to wonder...guess I can always use wet wipes or kleenex until this phase of hording paper products passes. I refuse to pay more than a couple bucks for toilet paper or bread. Anyone else see that new angle soft toilet tissue commercial in which they say they are working hard night and day to get the product to your family? I thought it was kind of amusing.
Sorry....I really really do not get the toilet paper thing at all. The food hording I get.....need it to live and every extra trip to the store is Russian Rullet with the chance to be infected....one trip in three weeks VR three trips does make some sence but the toilet paper....sorry...I just do not get that.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
I guess my brother in Missoula MT is under lock down as of Friday.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Stay safe T.. this rapidly multiplies seemingly from nowhere and you have those New Yawkers coming down there to escape the city and who knows what they bring with them.
Hey Ken-1st. I hope you and your beautiful wife are well. Now... you know I’ll have to respond.
My New Yawkers are staying put. I called my old man to ask if he’s ok, needed anything.. wanted to come stay with me. 76 he says I’m not moving. I’m here with my Friends, Glen, King George, Sig, I’m listen, saying in my head this man is finally losing it..he has no friends called- then he said Mr. Smith & Wesson.
He’s good with his Bourbon and guns. I had to laugh. But wishes he was on his boat through all this shit.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Hey Ken-1st. I hope you and your beautiful wife are well. Now... you know I’ll have to respond.
My New Yawkers are staying put. I called my old man to ask if he’s ok, needed anything.. wanted to come stay with me. 76 he says I’m not moving. I’m here with my Friends, Glen, King George, Sig, I’m listen, saying in my head this man is finally losing it..he has no friends called- then he said Mr. Smith & Wesson.
He’s good with his Bourbon and guns. I had to laugh. But wishes he was on his boat through all this shit.
We are doing OK under all circumstances, thanks. Glad to hear you are enduring it in stride, there are some good people your way, kinda generalized New Yawker's but that wasn't mean't to be all inclusive! Hope you and the boys fare well, in our prayers here!

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
As of 03/26/2020 Kankakee County has 17 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Yesterday we had 13.
Here are some details they are able to share about the recent cases

Case 15. Male in his 40s
Case 16. Male in his 40s
Case 17. Female in her 80s

State health officials have announced an additional seven novel coronavirus (COVID-19) deaths and an additional 673 cases Today (March 26th).

Illinois now has 2,538 confirmed cases and 26 deaths related to COVID-19, according to the Illinois Department of Public Health's website.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Yeah, those friggin New Yawkers that go south. Pffft. What's that about?
Ooooo hell no. Btw Bill.. I’m a friggin cool person with a sparkling personality. 😁

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,168 Posts
So, Jersey is the only state releasing prisoners? SMH
Sooooo.....they are releasing prisoners, but can arrest you for not following the social lockdown????

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
We are doing OK under all circumstances, thanks. Glad to hear you are enduring it in stride, there are some good people your way, kinda generalized New Yawker's but that wasn't mean't to be all inclusive! Hope you and the boys fare well, in our prayers here!
Thank you Ken...of course I know, you’re a true gentleman. I‘m messing with you. I’m still going to work everyday, just avoiding the stores. I’m actually enjoying the 6-10 ft separation & absolutely no cars on the road -an hr drive takes me about 6 mins in my Challenger. Haha.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
As of yesterday, 322 NYC police officers have tested positive and over 3200 have called out sick.
Hey Art- I spoke to my daughter last night she’s fine and most all her regimen are fine working side by side with the National Guard. No safety precautions from day one with the “Richard” of a mayor NYC has..

501 - 520 of 1071 Posts