Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 1979 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,348 Posts
Over on another thread I mentioned that I had to be tested prior to getting surgery on my hand. The results came back negative. Well, now I know I don't have it. What I don't know is, did I have it and I recovered? Was I asymptomatic and I recovered? At any rate now I have to worry about getting it. (again?)
There are people screaming that they have the choice to wear a mask, or not. OK, if you feel like that, I suggest you don't take up Russian Roulette.
Here in Ohio, it is suggested not mandated to a degree, when it comes to wearing masks.
As a person who wants to look out for his fellow man, I wear a mask when around others. I cross the street to avoid others coming the other way, or at least give them room to get around. I social distance.
I don't get why those people who scream that they don't have to wear a mask, make such a fuss.
If they really feel it goes against their freedom in some way then they should practice their freedom, but do it away from those who feel "their" safety is being jeopardized.
It's been shown around the country, of those who want to socialize like nothing is really going to happen to them, or those around them, and examples are sited of those who fall ill by doing so. In most cases age doesn't matter.
Even so these examples fall on deaf ears. Why, because these people aren't stuck being around the same people once they become sick. Their friends don't want them near, because they're sick. The crowd that screamed 'don't wear a mask' are afraid of them once they're sick.
You exercised your right and got sick. Now you might have infected others but you don't care, because it was a matter of rights over safety.
People who read this post will agree or disagree with what I'm saying.
I'm looking out for your welfare. You don't have to look out for mine.
At least give me a fighting chance not to be infected by you, or not to infect you.
Respects, Lou.
Good post, Lou. I don't care if state and local governments are overdoing it or not, or if this is all some sort of political game. Local economies are being damaged so it doesn't make sense to unnecessarily prevent businesses from reopening because economies are affected at all levels of government, not just the federal. Even if our governor/mayor/councilman came out tomorrow and declared a complete return to normalcy, I plan to be one of those oddballs who will continue to mask-up and glove-on right through the end of summer. It's only been 6 months since I had walking pneumonia and my lungs will not return to full capacity for another 6 months (my doctor sent me an email last March to remind me that I'm at-risk). I also have a mom in a nursing home who will not see my smile until next year because I won't risk her health by unmasking when I finally get to visit her in person.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I was just in Mansfield ohio today and stopped at a gas station and people looked at me like I was weird because I was wearing a bandana over my nose and mouth. A personal secret is I've always wanted to wear a bandana over my face to secretly feel like a wild west outlaw, I never did bacause I felt it was toolish, now I can get away with it and pretend I have a pew pew 6 shooter and a horse outside. And that's my secret.
Proves I am not the only one !

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I have a 97 year old aunt who is in a nursing home that has not had even one case tested positive. She is on the way down and quite possibly we will not get to have a funeral right away. We have been told that in some cases a few family members might be able to have a closed ceremony. Not sure on that, we will see.
I have crohns, I have had pneumonia, my immunity is low. We all have something at one time or another.
In what I say in my posts on the Z, I want all to know I mean no disrespect to anyone. We have our lives our free wills.
Having been in the Navy 8 years I worked for, worked with, and worked over others. It's hard to like everyone and be liked, but you have to at least show respect to the rank.
Enjoy the Journey. Lou.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,736 Posts
Let me express my opinion with a question : How could anyone in their right mind enter a store/closed environment without a mask on ? Don't give me this nonsense about "waking up in a free country this morning ! " If you want to wake up tomorrow morning put a mask on.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,348 Posts
Let me express my opinion with a question : How could anyone in their right mind enter a store/closed environment without a mask on ? Don't give me this nonsense about "waking up in a free country this morning ! " If you want to wake up tomorrow morning put a mask on.
Or turn the question. Even if someone believes they have super DNA and doesn't worry about catching COVID-19, who wouldn't have the compassion (or sense of responsibility) to wear a mask to prevent possible transmission of the virus to others who may have less superman immune systems? You could be asymptomatic and may never experience a single sniffle, but it doesn't mean you aren't carrying the pathogen. Transmitted to someone with a weakened immune system, it could mean hospitalization and even death for a loved one, or a complete stranger who unfortunately passed by you in a grocery store.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Serious question: do you think essential workers will get a few weeks off when the mass killer virus is over?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Well, considering what 'essential' means...I wouldn't be expecting anything..................why didn't we get extra pay ??

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Serious question: do you think essential workers will get a few weeks off when the mass killer virus is over?
HA! We've been on site since 17 March - all my career as a Fed I heard bad mouthing about contractors. Now that I'm retired and back as a Contractor - I find it hilarious that the federal workers are off getting paid to watch Netflix while all of us Contractors are in here keeping it going. Too funny. Day off when its over? Methinks not. Jim

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I'm just so used to being told I am essential - in the military or as a civilian - so hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, snow, ice storms, heat wave, any of the above, I'm expected to be there...oh wait, I can add pandemic to the list now.......

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I want to sound as positive as I can about the last few comments about being essential. If your job/position is deemed essential then it is. Some jobs mean more pay to do what is essential, some don't because the pay already states you are/have been/will be essential, because you always were. Right now being essential, a lot of times will get "thanks" "God Bless You" when other times the essential job was a thankless one.
Let's get through this and look back on it as a bad dream.
Meanwhile, I understand the venting, if that is what it is.
In the meantime you have my undying gratitude for the Risk, the harshness, the troubles, the lives you may be saving, the mouths you feed, the hours you put in, and any other hardships you face.
Thank You, God Bless You.

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,972 Posts
I want to sound as positive as I can about the last few comments about being essential. If your job/position is deemed essential then it is. Some jobs mean more pay to do what is essential, some don't because the pay already states you are/have been/will be essential, because you always were. Right now being essential, a lot of times will get "thanks" "God Bless You" when other times the essential job was a thankless one.
Let's get through this and look back on it as a bad dream.
Meanwhile, I understand the venting, if that is what it is.
In the meantime you have my undying gratitude for the Risk, the harshness, the troubles, the lives you may be saving, the mouths you feed, the hours you put in, and any other hardships you face.
Thank You, God Bless You.
Very Well Said, Lou. We'll All get through this!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I was just joking btw, I was in the military, currently manager on the Railroad "apparently its essential to move the nation's goods and Military equipment" my wife is a cop, we work every holiday, we work all hours and days of the week, I travel to NY,OH,WV, and obviously PA every week. The same amount of people have been out of their house each day since this started, the only difference is they're not going to work, they're going to the park or big box stores. It's the same crap, just a different day.

1861 - 1880 of 1979 Posts