Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1881 - 1900 of 1960 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
I was just joking btw, I was in the military, currently manager on the Railroad "apparently its essential to move the nation's goods and Military equipment" my wife is a cop, we work every holiday, we work all hours and days of the week, I travel to NY,OH,WV, and obviously PA every week. The same amount of people have been out of their house each day since this started, the only difference is they're not going to work, they're going to the park or big box stores. It's the same crap, just a different day.
Traffic has been light everyday on my commute but today on the way home it was NY, PA and NJ plates all heading to the DE shore to enjoy their holiday with no regard for their consequence.

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,910 Posts
Traffic has been light everyday on my commute but today on the way home it was NY, PA and NJ plates all heading to the DE shore to enjoy their holiday with no regard for their consequence.
See a lot of RV traffic with northeastern state tags and from Quebec heading south on Interstate 81. Gonna take their germs to the southern states at everybody else's risk.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
The solution to this is putting one's faith in our Lord and prayer. Worrying about others will just give one ulcers...

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Ease up Killer! I think she didn’t get your south forty reference because she’s been under a lot of stress lately with her job and her infected patients and dealing with the whole Covid-19 shit! Sometimes I think you post dribble just to up your post count!

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
See a lot of RV traffic with northeastern state tags and from Quebec heading south on Interstate 81. Gonna take their germs to the southern states at everybody else's risk.
Well I guess since the Canadians get two week holidays when they get where they are going they are going to stay inside the camper for two weeks.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Ease up Killer! I think she didn’t get your south forty reference because she’s been under a lot of stress lately with her job and her infected patients and dealing with the whole Covid-19 shit! Sometimes I think you post dribble just to up your post count!
The reference was that there is no reason other than weather why ranchers and farmers shouldn't be working their jobs every day. As far as being essential, I put them at the top of the list, and I don't believe they have to worry too much about being to close to anyone else.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
The reference was that there is no reason other than weather why ranchers and farmers shouldn't be working their jobs every day. As far as being essential, I put them at the top of the list, and I don't believe they have to worry too much about being to close to anyone else.

Your still off base as usual.

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
After all the disinformation on this virus, people are going to take a while before they trust a vaccine!

·
Business
20,239 Posts
HEIGHTENED ALERT SYSTEM ACTIVATED IN BERKELEY, JEFFERSON COUNTIES
Also today, Gov. Justice announced that Berkeley and Jefferson have triggered the State’s new Heightened Alert System.

Over the past 24 hours, Jefferson County had 20 new cases, while Berkeley County had 15 new cases.

As a result, the Governor has ordered the West Virginia National Guard to travel to these two counties immediately to assess the needs of county health officials, to provide them with resources, and to work alongside state medical experts in efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19.

“The National Guard is going to report back to me in the morning,” Gov. Justice said. “It may very well be that we have got to take more stringent guidelines than what we have today there. And, if we do, we’ll do that tomorrow.

“My first and foremost responsibility is to protect you and that’s what I’m going to do. I take that responsibility very seriously,” Gov. Justice continued. “I would urge all West Virginians – especially those in Berkeley and Jefferson counties – you have got to wear a mask when you go out in public.

“We’re doing exactly what I said we were going to do; we’re running to the fire. We’re absolutely going to take care of this to the best of our ability. We can’t just step back and let it go. Because, if we just step back and let it go and do nothing, it’s going to brew into something that’s not going to be good.”

·
Administrator
47,526 Posts
HEIGHTENED ALERT SYSTEM ACTIVATED IN BERKELEY, JEFFERSON COUNTIES
Also today, Gov. Justice announced that Berkeley and Jefferson have triggered the State’s new Heightened Alert System.

Over the past 24 hours, Jefferson County had 20 new cases, while Berkeley County had 15 new cases.

As a result, the Governor has ordered the West Virginia National Guard to travel to these two counties immediately to assess the needs of county health officials, to provide them with resources, and to work alongside state medical experts in efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19.

“The National Guard is going to report back to me in the morning,” Gov. Justice said. “It may very well be that we have got to take more stringent guidelines than what we have today there. And, if we do, we’ll do that tomorrow.

“My first and foremost responsibility is to protect you and that’s what I’m going to do. I take that responsibility very seriously,” Gov. Justice continued. “I would urge all West Virginians – especially those in Berkeley and Jefferson counties – you have got to wear a mask when you go out in public.

“We’re doing exactly what I said we were going to do; we’re running to the fire. We’re absolutely going to take care of this to the best of our ability. We can’t just step back and let it go. Because, if we just step back and let it go and do nothing, it’s going to brew into something that’s not going to be good.”
Be safe Jeff. If it is like here they are doing more testing so the numbers will show more cases. I think what is more relevant is the percentage of cases of those tested.

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,897
Last night on the national news it was reported that I think it was Alabama where 2 or 3 of the large metro areas where at full compasity for ICU rooms and getting worse by the day quickly....was also said the entire south was in for it soon. In Texas now Houston and Dallas are starting to spike. It was also reported yesterday that Trump said there would be no turning back on the reopening of states and if some tried the federal government would step in. That might or might not be a correct course to take....I really struggle with deaths verses unemployment and starvation.....what a choice to have to make. Around here in my area...there is a real war taking shape with the mask thing....just blows my mind. I have for most all my life identified as a Republican....buy Covid seems determined to show me that I am now a Democrat. How in the .... heck....do you make a pandemic of death and destruction a partisan thing I understand about as much as the toilet paper thing. Please....stay safe out there everyone....the best you can.

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
1881 - 1900 of 1960 Posts