Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 1978 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
So apparently the next "pandemic" that's creeping up is suicide. In the last week my wife has had five 302s in just her area and 1 attempted "possibly successful suicide" it's a pretty interesting story, so my wife and her partners get a call to do a welfare check on a preist. His wife called and said he has been in the church for a while and wont come out, so they show up and hes sitting 4 pews back from the altar just staring ahead, they approached him and he was talking back and forth with them and they decided they were going to take him to the hospital to get some mental help. So my wife asks him to get up and he said " I feel dizzy" and kind of slid over sideways. She obviously thought he was being dramatic so she said she came off a little "bitchy" telling him to get up. So he gets up and then immediately sat down, that's when she noticed he was sitting on a gun. So like all cops when they see a gun, it was secured quickly. That's when they realised he had shot himself in the solarplex, it was through and through with a 9mm, went through 2 pews and into the stained glass where it embedded itself. She said it was strange because there was only a small blood stain on his undershirt and nothing on his back, just a hole. Anyways, with that said, if you notice any family or friends acting different during this weird time, talk to them and open them up. I wish I could have done that with a few family members but I was oblivious and they hid it really well.

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
Geez, with the exposure to DC you would think you would have more trouble with walking thru all the bull crap !!

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
So apparently the next "pandemic" that's creeping up is suicide. In the last week my wife has had five 302s in just her area and 1 attempted "possibly successful suicide" it's a pretty interesting story, so my wife and her partners get a call to do a welfare check on a preist. His wife called and said he has been in the church for a while and wont come out, so they show up and hes sitting 4 pews back from the altar just staring ahead, they approached him and he was talking back and forth with them and they decided they were going to take him to the hospital to get some mental help. So my wife asks him to get up and he said " I feel dizzy" and kind of slid over sideways. She obviously thought he was being dramatic so she said she came off a little "bitchy" telling him to get up. So he gets up and then immediately sat down, that's when she noticed he was sitting on a gun. So like all cops when they see a gun, it was secured quickly. That's when they realised he had shot himself in the solarplex, it was through and through with a 9mm, went through 2 pews and into the stained glass where it embedded itself. She said it was strange because there was only a small blood stain on his undershirt and nothing on his back, just a hole. Anyways, with that said, if you notice any family or friends acting different during this weird time, talk to them and open them up. I wish I could have done that with a few family members but I was oblivious and they hid it really well.
Drug use up 50% in Beaver County, I imagine the domestic issues probably up as well. Too much doom and gloom, people react to losing jobs and businesses badly. You are correct Juice, be aware of peoples demeanor and actions, sometimes subtle changes go un-noticed and there again some people can hide things well. I had a friend who shot and killed himself a few years ago, former Marine too, never showed the signs, very tragic when it happens!

·
Registered
509 Posts
like I had posted before, I don't like to get into political discussions, greeks always say don't talk about religion, money, or politics with family and friends.....and all we do is argue about all those things. anyway, my neighbors, staunch republican, refuses to wear a mask. it was his family that was taken away by ambulance last week. they had parties and whatnot all the time. anyway, I see him out walking around and hail him to ask how his family is. 2 passed away, the oldest and the youngest. said he and his family thought that the whole mask thing was a democratic ploy to make the prez look dumb. my answer was, if you are going into surgery, would you want your dr looking back at you without any scrubs/mask? or not washing their hands? so, imagine you are the dr, you don't want to infect nor be infected. his dumb#$% tells me, why didn't I tell him this sooner. am I your dad? did you forget the months, and I mean months of back and forth about his family not wearing protection when we bumped into each other at publix? and I am the un-American. I am drinking the Kool-Aid. I bear no ill will to anyone, and I hope we all stay safe, but when states are reporting spikes again, and we have been, in various stages of open, for a couple of months....this crap worries me more now. please stay safe everyone. I want you all here so when we do all meet for a great challenger cruise, I want to able to tell my dumb jokes live and in person. that is a sight to be seen.

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
like I had posted before, I don't like to get into political discussions, greeks always say don't talk about religion, money, or politics with family and friends.....and all we do is argue about all those things. anyway, my neighbors, staunch republican, refuses to wear a mask. it was his family that was taken away by ambulance last week. they had parties and whatnot all the time. anyway, I see him out walking around and hail him to ask how his family is. 2 passed away, the oldest and the youngest. said he and his family thought that the whole mask thing was a democratic ploy to make the prez look dumb. my answer was, if you are going into surgery, would you want your dr looking back at you without any scrubs/mask? or not washing their hands? so, imagine you are the dr, you don't want to infect nor be infected. his dumb#$% tells me, why didn't I tell him this sooner. am I your dad? did you forget the months, and I mean months of back and forth about his family not wearing protection when we bumped into each other at publix? and I am the un-American. I am drinking the Kool-Aid. I bear no ill will to anyone, and I hope we all stay safe, but when states are reporting spikes again, and we have been, in various stages of open, for a couple of months....this crap worries me more now. please stay safe everyone. I want you all here so when we do all meet for a great challenger cruise, I want to able to tell my dumb jokes live and in person. that is a sight to be seen.
I wear one where it is required, this pandemic should never have gotten to a political place but there it is. Meanwhile I don't know who is who as far as mask and non-mask wearers. There are people that are always going to question the reasons why something has to be or should be done.
I only relate to my military background, there are people in charge that bark orders and you hope it doesn't get you killed! There are leaders and there are followers, there will always be that one person that will question authority. It usually doesn't work out well for them.
There will always be people who say they are experts and you realize they are just sperts! All I know is I am tired of being lied to, statistics can be twisted to someone else's agenda.

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
The reference was that there is no reason other than weather why ranchers and farmers shouldn't be working their jobs every day. As far as being essential, I put them at the top of the list, and I don't believe they have to worry too much about being to close to anyone else.
Farmers around here are not getting prime prices for the beef. Our neighbors pre covid had 500+ head of cattle; now they have 50 or thereabout. If they don't have a lot to feed they're not going to plant their usual amount of feed corn crop. Farmers are really struggling here especially since they are getting ripped off on the $$ they get when they sell. Someone is getting the money as cheap quality hamburger around here is $4.50 a pound but it isn't the farmers. Almost daily on the local news they expose a farm (dairy & beef) that is going belly up or on the verge of it. It didn't help that some meat processing plants were closed as well.
Neighbors are a co-op and other farmers get their waste hauled to our neighbors farm as they have a top notch digester system set-up (once it breaks down it's spread on the fields); the haulers for that task only drive past several times a week (used to be several runs daily).

Neighbors spread:The big metal barns with the semis parked are now empty. There are cattle by the red barn pen.

20200523_063806.jpg
20200523_063815.jpg
20200523_063434.jpg
20200523_063521.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,381 Posts
Farmers around here are not getting prime prices for the beef. Our neighbors pre covid had 500+ head of cattle; now they have 50 or thereabout. If they don't have a lot to feed they're not going to plant their usual amount of feed corn crop. Farmers are really struggling here especially since they are getting ripped off on the $$ they get when they sell. Someone is getting the money as cheap quality hamburger around here is $4.50 a pound but it isn't the farmers. Almost daily on the local news they expose a farm (dairy & beef) that is going belly up or on the verge of it. It didn't help that some meat processing plants were closed as well.
Neighbors are a co-op and other farmers get their waste hauled to our neighbors farm as they have a top notch digester system set-up (once it breaks down it's spread on the fields); the haulers for that task only drive past several times a week (used to be several runs daily).

Neighbors spread:The big metal barns with the semis parked are now empty. There are cattle by the red barn pen.

View attachment 252998 View attachment 253000 View attachment 253001 View attachment 253002
One business affects another and so on and so on. Sadly we are just starting to see the effects of all this and all businesses will be affected in some way.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
HEIGHTENED ALERT SYSTEM ACTIVATED IN BERKELEY, JEFFERSON COUNTIES
Also today, Gov. Justice announced that Berkeley and Jefferson have triggered the State’s new Heightened Alert System.

Over the past 24 hours, Jefferson County had 20 new cases, while Berkeley County had 15 new cases.

As a result, the Governor has ordered the West Virginia National Guard to travel to these two counties immediately to assess the needs of county health officials, to provide them with resources, and to work alongside state medical experts in efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19.

“The National Guard is going to report back to me in the morning,” Gov. Justice said. “It may very well be that we have got to take more stringent guidelines than what we have today there. And, if we do, we’ll do that tomorrow.

“My first and foremost responsibility is to protect you and that’s what I’m going to do. I take that responsibility very seriously,” Gov. Justice continued. “I would urge all West Virginians – especially those in Berkeley and Jefferson counties – you have got to wear a mask when you go out in public.

“We’re doing exactly what I said we were going to do; we’re running to the fire. We’re absolutely going to take care of this to the best of our ability. We can’t just step back and let it go. Because, if we just step back and let it go and do nothing, it’s going to brew into something that’s not going to be good.”
Be safe, this is disheartening to read! I hope Deb's work environment is improving.

I hope Virginians are smarter than Wisconsinites-we have had 1500 new cases in the last 3 days-our restriction are easing up since our Supreme Court overturned the Governor's order; I guess people couldn't wait the last several days and had to waste more taxpayer dollars in the courts.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
We've had to have some patients put on suicide watch; the isolation from family contact is really hitting some hard! Visiting through the window just doesn't cut it!

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,914
So many in denial. All you have to do is some browsing on Facebook to know what so many really think. How about the one I read this morning....one of so many like it...saying how it is all an overblown conspiracy. No worse than the flu....or the number of people killed in car crashes. News flash. Averaged to the higher end....flu...60,000......car accidents....40,000 per year in US. Depending on how you count....some say it is too high....some say too low....but the number is now somewhere in the area of 100,000 Covid deaths....or the combined total of both.....and we still have 9 more months of counting to do make it a year compared to the other two figures. And we have no idea what the inevitable 2nd wave numbers will be. Amazing to me how people will twist facts to fit what they wish the reality is.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
So many in denial. All you have to do is some browsing on Facebook to know what so many really think. How about the one I read this morning....one of so many like it...saying how it is all an overblown conspiracy. No worse than the flu....or the number of people killed in car crashes. News flash. Averaged to the higher end....flu...60,000......car accidents....40,000 per year in US. Depending on how you count....some say it is too high....some say too low....but the number is now somewhere in the area of 100,000 Covid deaths....or the combined total of both.....and we still have 9 more months of counting to do make it a year compared to the other two figures. And we have no idea what the inevitable 2nd wave numbers will be. Amazing to me how people will twist facts to fit what they wish the reality is.
I'm right there with your reasoning.

·
Business
20,250 Posts
There's a lot of idiot's on Facebook. We ordered mulch on line from Home Depot due to me not wanting to go in the store. Once we got there most were not wearing a mask, including the old guys that tried to give me crap about loading my truck.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts

View attachment 252998 View attachment 253000 View attachment 253001 View attachment 253002
Thanks for the explanation; something that will never be seen on the news. Here, a lot of what was grown is now produced south of the border thanks to NAFTA. Anything going south has duty on it, everything coming north does not.

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,920
I dont do what those nuts do, but to compare numbers you must compare it to flu when there was no vaccine for it. Apples to apples.
I understand your point Bill but that is NOT what a large portion of folks are saying. They are comparing Covid to the flu now!!!...WITH the vaccines...and saying this is little or no worse.

1901 - 1920 of 1978 Posts