Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
149 Posts
some of the people in the car club I am in go to this every year, both the spring and the fall session. Myself, I avoid OC like it has the plague... lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
some of the people in the car club I am in go to this every year, both the spring and the fall session. Myself, I avoid OC like it has the plague... lol
My sentiments exactly. LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know its a little late I go every year and this year I bought my challenger the week of and took it down for its first trip to oc I am down there every few weeks but anyway I will be there next year so please keep me in mind i was looking for parking lots with mopars in it but no luck but next year if we could get some type of mopar meet together that would be cool

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ill be heading down Friday with my kid just for the day. Going to try to find a place to park then take the bus to the convention center. I doubt I will be able to park at the convention center lol.

·
Mr. Bill
2,664 Posts
Schedule conflict that weekend. Ocean City not what it used to be.
They've gotten real tight lately, and probably for good reason.

Plenty of YouTube Videos showing 180's or worse.

"Officer write me two tickets cause chances are I'll squeak, bark or roast the tires again before the end of the day".

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Schedule conflict that weekend. Ocean City not what it used to be.
They've gotten real tight lately, and probably for good reason.

Plenty of YouTube Videos showing 180's or worse.

"Officer write me two tickets cause chances are I'll squeak, bark or roast the tires again before the end of the day".
Up until 8-10 years ago this was the BEST car event on the East Coast. Now it's a parking lot patrolled by S.W.A.T.

·
Mr. Bill
2,664 Posts
Agreed that it was the place to be back in the day.
2014 was my first and only visit. Lucky to leave with rubber on my tires (not really, just sayin'). ;)
We were too late to get into the Convention Center to see the Car Displays. No parking available anywhere.
The show of cars going up and down the boulevard was pretty good in and of its self.
By 4 PM the crowds on every corner, encouraging tire spin, were getting pretty rowdy.
The Calvary was coming out (yes horses) and figured wisely it was time to leave.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I think most of these guys have now moved their operation to the Outer Banks. The OBX Rod and Custom Festival is going on this weekend, and I heard that most of the OC guys have moved to this location because of all the trouble with law enforcement in OC. Pictures I have seen so far looks like a lot of "blown," Pro Street, barely (if at all) street legal cars running around the Outer Banks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts