Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was surfing around on YT. and found a video from that dream giveaway outfit , giving away a 1970 aar cuda and a modified ram pickup to pull it around .... they claim in commemoration of the new 2021 cuda coming out....... HUH? this is the first I have heard of any thing like this...

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,954 Posts
Ok I was surfing around on YT. and found a video from that dream giveaway outfit , giving away a 1970 aar cuda and a modified ram pickup to pull it around .... they claim in commemoration of the new 2021 cuda coming out....... HUH? this is the first I have heard of any thing like this...
Not happening, rumors about a new Cuda have been around for over 10 years. They are just trying to sell tickets.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, they apparently renewed the patent(?) on the name and it's possible they may make it their EV sports version (sort of like Ford and their Mach E I suppose). I think I would prefer them using it as a means of selling their Hellephant engine in a retro version of the challenger with some cuda styling cues.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well, they apparently renewed the patent(?) on the name and it's possible they may make it their EV sports version (sort of like Ford and their Mach E I suppose). I think I would prefer them using it as a means of selling their Hellephant engine in a retro version of the challenger with some cuda styling cues.
They renew the copyrights on their names, if you notice people on Camaro sites get "moist in their drawers" when GM renews Trans Am.

·
Registered
345 Posts
https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/cuda-trademark-fca-dodge-muscle-car-plymouth-barracuda/ I guess it's trademark...I'm not getting 'moist" in my pants for a hybrid or an electric car or a turbocharged inline 6 (maybe for something that looked like an old cuda with the Hellephant though).
Every so often the Trade Marks are set to expire, so the Manufacturers renew them to make sure their cars' names don't end up on a competitor's vehicle. Could you imagine a Chevy Thunderbird, a Ford Chevelle or a Dodge Javelin? Well the Javelin could happen as Chrysler bought AMC/Renault/Eagle/Jeep

·
Registered
162 Posts
For example Ferrari GTO (I guess in truth it's not really a competitor to the Pontiac or was when there were Pontiacs ... ) Ford and Fiat 500s, Lexus and Lincoln LS, Dodge Charger and that eighties atrocity called a charger (I guess that was Dodge too so maybe a rival company might not be the worst case scenario). I think whoever is in charge of the challenger seems on the bit but I will be a bit disappointed if they throw a twin turbo 6 on an Alfa Romeo platform (that was last years rumour anyway)...that could be called a javelin though if they want.

·
Premium Member
12,345 Posts
I think it will be inevitable at some point if FCA survives that your performance engine option will be the twin turbo V-6. I just pray it does not become an all electric car. GM looks to be placing a very large bet on that with their 2 Billion investment

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Since Plymouth is long gone. Their will never be another real CUDA. RIP Plymouth. Yes I get its the same company had some great stuff but the names should be retired.

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,745 Posts
These rumors come up at the end of every model year. The easiest and most respectful way to re-introduce a 'cuda is as a performance/appearance package. Ie: Dodge Challenger 'cuda. Do the grill, taillights, side gills and dedicated colors. Maybe (don't kill me over this one) as only in a convertible.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
3,188 Posts
I "semi-secretly" wish they would do this...no disrespect intended for the original Plymouth version for those that feel it's not right to reintroduce it in any fashion. A few of the digital concepts I've seen are beautiful. The rear end treatment with the single separate lights on each side of the license plate looks nice as does the rest of the digital re-design shown below.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My gawd ! This Cuda BS keeps reappearing and never seems to die for some reason ? Few ever saw a real Cuda in person much less rode in one ! The Cuda as I recall was a cheaper alternative to the Challenger and never sold well due to it's ugly grill. The Cuda was like the Camaro was a cheaper version of the Firebird. As it is current Challenger sales volume are so low compared to say JEEP or SUV's. Hell current Challenger annual sales never hit 100,000, no where near the hundreds of thousands of the other FCA brands. So forget all this Cuda BS other than a replacement for the Challenger which has name value . Come 2023 their may be changes as the Daimler platform which FCA builds under license expires.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
8,792 Posts
My gawd ! This Cuda BS keeps reappearing and never seems to die for some reason ? Few ever saw a real Cuda in person much less rode in one ! The Cuda as I recall was a cheaper alternative to the Challenger and never sold well due to it's ugly grill. The Cuda was like the Camaro was a cheaper version of the Firebird. As it is current Challenger sales volume are so low compared to say JEEP or SUV's. Hell current Challenger annual sales never hit 100,000, no where near the hundreds of thousands of the other FCA brands. So forget all this Cuda BS other than a replacement for the Challenger which has name value . Come 2023 their may be changes as the Daimler platform which FCA builds under license expires.
Was your morning :coffee: a bit stronger this morning? ................................:giggle:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just plain tired of all this Cuda BS which has been going on since 2012 as I recall. Under European ownership which only understands high volume money makers we are lucky that the Challenger is still around. What will happen under the French who knows ?

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
8,792 Posts
Just plain tired of all this Cuda BS which has been going on since 2012 as I recall. Under European ownership which only understands high volume money makers we are lucky that the Challenger is still around. What will happen under the French who knows ?
The new Challenger platform will include a Citroen dashboard emblem.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Made me laugh, thank you. :LOL:

Meanwhile both of us have future collectors cars. But that will be 50 years from now , maybe sooner ? :eek:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Made me laugh, thank you. :LOL:

Meanwhile both of us have future collectors cars. But that will be 50 years from now , maybe sooner ? :eek:
Who is going to collect them let alone drive them in 50 years?...the same people that would collect these cars already own these cars and unless life expectancy ramps up exponentially you may want to start driving them instead of trying to keep them pristine for future riches. (Came out a little darker than I intended, sorry )

·
Registered
961 Posts
Who is going to collect them let alone drive them in 50 years?...the same people that would collect these cars already own these cars and unless life expectancy ramps up exponentially you may want to start driving them instead of trying to keep them pristine for future riches. (Came out a little darker than I intended, sorry )
Yea, and where do you plug them in to recharge?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts