Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After quite some time debating whether to pull the trigger on this mod, I finally decided to go through with it. I had it painted and the color turned out a little brighter than I had visioned, (was looking for a darker silver) but I guess it works as it's VERY close to the shade of the stock brushed bezel surround. What do you guys think? :smileup:? :smiledown:?

Snapchat-20140318045829.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Hey.................

.................you hit a home run for sure! That looks fantastic! Your Challenger will be recognized from far away. Nice going!
Keep on CHALLENGING!:smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Big fan!! I think it looks awesome!!:smileup:

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,452 Posts
I like it, too! But I agree about it needing to be a little darker argent.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks fantastic... should it be darker?? mmm .. maybe ... but still looks great. I sure wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Great mod.

R

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you plan to completely redo it and make it a cuda' tribute ?
Not sure of a complete redo. I'm looking to do the tail lights but all the mods I've came across I'm not a big fan of (cuda stick on tail light panels). But also do not want to go over board and spend a boat load either. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Having done the same thing myself I think it looks great!!! I went with a slightly darker shading on mine, however my car is darker than yours so I think the lighter shading works just fine! Reps coming your way!

As far as future changes - you can certainly go down the path of quarter panel decals, rear light panel, front fender gills, tweaked lower rocker panels, and badging and engine bay bling. So what else are you thinking????

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Having done the same thing myself I think it looks great!!! I went with a slightly darker shading on mine, however my car is darker than yours so I think the lighter shading works just fine! Reps coming your way!

As far as future changes - you can certainly go down the path of quarter panel decals, rear light panel, front fender gills, tweaked lower rocker panels, and badging and engine bay bling. So what else are you thinking????
I would really like Cuda tail lights but the only ones I have found I'm not a huge fan of (the stick on panels). Just kinda looks cheesy to me.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I would really like Cuda tail lights but the only ones I have found I'm not a huge fan of (the stick on panels). Just kinda looks cheesy to me.

Some of the stick-ons are a bit thin and allow light bleed - especially noticeably at night, so you should inquire about that before you select.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some of the stick-ons are a bit thin and allow light bleed - especially noticeably at night, so you should inquire about that before you select.
Yeah, if I ever did stick on panels and there was bleed through I could use some plastidip to spray onto those areas to fix that. I just need to find some stick ons that look just as good close up rather than only nice from 20 feet away.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts

I have a friend who created and fabricated an entire 'Cuda Tribute himself. He will fabricate a tail panel for you. He's in Ohio. Here's a pic. of his car: PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a friend who created and fabricated an entire 'Cuda Tribute himself. He will fabricate a tail panel for you. He's in Ohio. Here's a pic. of his car: PM me if you're interested.
PM sent. I'm definitely interested in that!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Susie - I agree!! What he has done is absolutely outstanding and the BEST treatment of a rear tail panel I have seen anywhere!!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Susie - I agree!! What he has done is absolutely outstanding and the BEST treatment of a rear tail panel I have seen anywhere!!
The boy's got skills...that's for sure!

·
Registered
18 Posts
After quite some time debating whether to pull the trigger on this mod, I finally decided to go through with it. I had it painted and the color turned out a little brighter than I had visioned, (was looking for a darker silver) but I guess it works as it's VERY close to the shade of the stock brushed bezel surround. What do you guys think? :smileup:? :smiledown:?

View attachment 35926
Where can I buy something like that if you don't mind?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts