Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we've had a lot of people do very creative things to their engine covers and they are posted all over the place. Someone gave me the idea to start this thread(Dave0), so I'm doing it. If you have a custom engine cover, post a pic of it here, even if you already have it posted elsewhere. If you have an idea for one, want to do one, need some opinions, post them here. Lets try to keep all of these here so that anyone looking for ideas or just wants to appreciate these great works don't have to go looking all over the place. Enjoy y'all!!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Great idea! I want to do something with mine and I've searched posts and looked at the various ones scattered around randomly, but to compile a single resource would be fantastic. My main problem is I don't have a lick of artistic ability and if I attempt something myself, I'm worried it would end up looking like a pre-schooler's finger painting. I'll definately be looking for something where templates and/or stenciling can be used.

Yours is really cool, btw, I've seen you post it before. Great job!

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea! I want to do something with mine and I've searched posts and looked at the various ones scattered around randomly, but to compile a single resource would be fantastic. My main problem is I don't have a lick of artistic ability and if I attempt something myself, I'm worried it would end up looking like a pre-schooler's finger painting. I'll definately be looking for something where templates and/or stenciling can be used.

Yours is really cool, btw, I've seen you post it before. Great job!
Thank you! My best advice if you want to do one is finalize you idea and then find someone to possibly do it for you. My husband just happends to be ridiculously talented when it comes to artistic stuff, so he made my idea come to life. Sometimes you can even just paint it, which is not hard, and maybe find a decal to put on, depends on your idea. Hopefully everyone posts their pics here and we can keep this thread going to help you and others.

·
Dodge Challenger Forum
1,669 Posts
I as well want to do something. Procharger notched mine out for the supercharger tubing/hoses and I want to clean it up. Anybody do airbrushing or painting on here?

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
wow that looks awesome. Is that chrome or paint?!!!!!
Thanks Donald! It's a little of both. Some paint to match, some black chrome and some polished 304 stainless steel!

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy, yours does look really great!! Did you have it professionally done?

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He did an awesome job!! The whole engine bay looks great!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
They all look amazing!!!:smileup:

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
more will be added once spring hits :smileup: :smiley_thumbs_up:
I hear ya! I still have to take pics of mine in the engine bay...along with all the other mods that will be done on her first day out of the garage. Hubby is gonna by a busy guy while I clean her up. ;)

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are some other covers that I found through browsing the internet. I don't think these belong to anyone here. These are just to be an example and give ideas to those of you who are thinking about doing one.
This one is from a Charger, but I'm a fan of black/red, so I had to show it.

Of course, Transformers

Predator

Nice, new black insert(I believe BT can do this ???)

Scarface

And some flames. I can't make out what the logo painted in the middle is.

I hope these and others that are posted here inspire some of you who are thinking about doing one. I know it's just an engine cover, but I really like these mods because it's a rather cheap mod that can really add a lot of originality and showmanship to your Challenger.

1 - 20 of 536 Posts