·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2016 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,157 Posts
Looks great!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well, I located a engine cover , and think I will be doing this myself. Anybody have a shopping list and cost for supplies if its not to much trouble ? Weather is crazy here right now , temps up and down daily. I'll try when it settles.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,484 Posts
Is there some kind of intake plenum cover for the 5.7 that looks like what comes on these 6.4's?

upload_2019-7-25_12-12-16.png

Yes. Steve White Motors carries them if I remember correctly. This is an image posted by a Z member in this thread.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, those don't cover the intake plenum on top, like the 392 has. Those cross-engine molded intake ducts.

While the covers do look great, the part at the top of the engine is exposed and unfinished. It would finish the job with a nicely made cover for that part as well. Hence my question...

EDIT: Here's one, but not very excited about the 'polilshed' look:
https://americancarcraft.com/products/2009-2019-dodge-challenger-5-7l-polished-plenum-cover-plain-1

I've emailed to ask if perhaps they have a powerder coated version or something other than polished.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Update...
American Car Craft has replied that they have a 'non-perforated' brushed finish option that will readily accept paint.

Will update when/if I go this route with the Steve White Parts covers. I need to find some more imaging and determine if this is what I want or not.

The 'turtle' cover isn't that impressive. LOL

I found this, suspect it's one of their solid ones that has been painted. Would look good painted low-satin black to match the engine covers, add a few thinline masking lines on it before painting.

I think this is the actual part - at Summit for $125

EDIT: Looks like they have their own engine covers, they call them 'fuel rail covers':
https://americancarcraft.com/collections/custom-dodge-challenger-engine-accessories/products/2009-2019-5-7l-challenger-polished-fuel-rail-coil-pack-replacement-covers-with-custom-inlay-11pc

The plenun cover above attaches to these covers with foam tape. Not sure it would work without their lower covers as well. They're kind of tight-lipped with their replies. I may end up actually calling them and discussing it. Or maybe there's an installation sheet or something.

These are a bit spendy, the whole pack would be about $500. Ouch.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
I added a new piece today...I had two pieces that I was going to put on but one is a no go for now....I ordered the chrome panel that replaces the stock hood panel, I have an RT and I ordered one saying I have an RT, well it doesn’t fit only thing I can figure is a 2019 RT has an SRT hood which is why it won’t fit I’ll have to call them Monday and solve the issue ....anyone know if that’s why it won’t fit because 2019 RT’s have an SRT hood? But I do like my new piece that I did put on 👍🏻

521 - 536 of 536 Posts