Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else feel as though their dash lights are too dim? I say "dash lights" instead of "instrument cluster or display" because I'm referring to the display as well as the various buttons and knobs. Personally I can't tell that mine are really even on unless I move the "dimmer adjustment" up to the first detent position, which is actually crazy bright!!! It seems like the difference would not be so radical but it's a HUGE jump from one to the other. I have also have a 2012 Dodge Laramie and the dimmer operates the same way, but I do not have this same problem.

·
What's Old is New Again!
37,417 Posts
No, Mine were quite acceptable, but I had some of mine change out to Blue LED's to match the color of the car. It sounds like there is something wrong with the potentiometer in the switch.

Reactions: StonerWhite

·
What's Old is New Again!
37,417 Posts
It's quite easy to see if it's the switch. Especially if you have a buddy with a Challenger. Make sure his lights look acceptable, then just swap the headlight switch module. To remove it, just take a plastic trim tool and gently pry it from the dash.

Reactions: StonerWhite

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope it's something that simple. I think I'm going to stop by a dealer on the way home and compare to one on the lot. Thanks for the input guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts