Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Can folks chime in on some good roads to take and map it out? I think enough people have voiced that I495 is out. So, we need an alternative route and if you can post your suggestions we all can decide what makes better sense.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Can folks chime in on some good roads to take and map it out? I think enough people have voiced that I495 is out. So, we need an alternative route and if you can post your suggestions we all can decide what makes better sense.
If I was planning the route, I would find a decent central location to where the bulk of the people might be coming from and work out from there. For instance, if in Southern Maryland, maybe somewhere out past Upper Marlboro or Waldorf. If more to the north of the beltway, then maybe up towards Frederick. If in VA, go west out past Tysons and Dulles.

·
Registered
42 Posts
following, I am down in Va. Beach but if this turns into a ride in Va or eastern shore area I might be able to join! sounds like some fun

Reactions: 6.1SilverFox

·
Mr. Bill
2009 SRT8 with a Diablo custom tune.
3,260 Posts
Hope someone can identify a nice road to travel in the Richmond area.
Only one main road going North and South on the Eastern Shore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
OK Riders!

The time is Near! Doesn't look like we have a whole lot of folks chiming in, but I say we do it anyway!

I'm thinking of a date in Mid to late September, Early Oct Latest - on a fine early SUNDAY morning. As far as Starting Point - don't think we can get any central than Washington DC. to meet up, maybe Haines Point. From there, we take GW Pkwy, up the i270 spur... where do we go from there? I'd like to make our way around to BW Parkway back down into DC. Your input is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
7,780 Posts
OK Riders!

The time is Near! Doesn't look like we have a whole lot of folks chiming in, but I say we do it anyway!

I'm thinking of a date in Mid to late September, Early Oct Latest - on a fine early SUNDAY morning. As far as Starting Point - don't think we can get any central than Washington DC. to meet up, maybe Haines Point. From there, we take GW Pkwy, up the i270 spur... where do we go from there? I'd like to make our way around to BW Parkway back down into DC. Your input is appreciated!
Your looking at a date that already has something going on the BWP if it is on this year.
@bad8nti

·
What's Old is New Again!
36,841 Posts
Reactions: OrangeCrush392

·
Registered
42 Posts
Unfortunately I am out. If you were coming south into Va I might be able to meet up but I am in Va. Beach and its a bit too far going into DC/MD. Good luck to yall and have fun.

·
Registered
81 Posts
September, what happened to August 30?
I thought we were on. I'm ready to go now :) Not so sure about meeting up in DC though. I was born in DC ( a long time ago ) and try to avoid it at all costs. Tysons sounds like a better place to meet up but I'll go with whatever you guys decide. I still think up to 270 to Route 109, across to Rt 28, past Sugarloaf Mountain, then up Rt 85 to Frederick is a good start. We could go to Gambrill State Park (10 minutes from Frederick, with a nice mountain overlook) to stop and chat for a while. Let's hear what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
.......ditto on what Rocket Man said.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
"Tysons sounds like a better place to meet up but I'll go with whatever you guys decide. I still think up to 270 to Route 109, across to Rt 28, past Sugarloaf Mountain, then up Rt 85 to Frederick is a good start."

This sounds promising. @rocketman - Do you mind taking the lead on this? It sounds like you have the sense of direction and can get us moving. I'm down for Aug 30th - I was just trying to give the thread more time to grow and get more input. But - Let's do AUGUST 30th!!!

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Tyson’s corner would be a good start point. Is there a decent park, I know there are a number, in Frederick to wrap it up at. Not sure what the 30th holds in store for me but I suggest a rain date to be considered.

·
Registered
81 Posts
We are still talking about early on Sunday morning right? I suggest we just meet at Koons Dodge. It's about 1 mile off of 495. Take the Rt. 123 South exit, go up and over the hill and it's at the next light, on the right. I doubt they would mind since we are meeting around 7AM (right?) and we won't be there long. Let me know what you guys think, and who is up for joining us. As far as a rain date, how about the following Sunday?

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Not doing a Skyline Drive CruiZe this year.
Whaattttt....”uggg”
Hi Dan....let me guess—- Covid——this sucks:>>
Well......I guess until we meet again...VA peeps. :)

·
Mr. Bill
2009 SRT8 with a Diablo custom tune.
3,260 Posts
I've got this on my calendar. So are a bunch of other things. (work related) :(
We'll see how this shakes out for me.

Koons Dodge @ 2050 Chain Bridge Rd, Vienna, VA 22182
August 30 at 0700 :)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts