Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery died last week. After charging it up and getting it running again I took off today to go for a drive. Had more than a few issues that I solved (via search button and google) but now I'm having problems getting the rest fixed.

First problems fixed. TPMS reset on its own. Trac control lights were on for about 40 miles but eventually reset. I also figured out how to reset the windows which were not doing their little 1/4 inch drop when you open the door.

The remaining problems are

1. Turn signals: Blink 3 times, pause, blink 3 times, pause.
2. Stereo does not come on. Pioneer AVH-2500BT.

All worked normally before the dead battery. Can anyone help me track down these last two problems :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
2010 SRT Challenger Brilliant Black M6
58 Posts
check all your fuses for the radio, let your turn signals run for a couple of minutes on left then right. I had to sequence mine when i installed the sequential kit, might be the same for yours since the battery was dead.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,034 Posts
I see you have an aftermarket radio installed. There was a post about one of the members having an electrical issue, and the problem turned out to be improper wiring for the radio. Something about the adaptor harness for the radio. Sorry I don't remember which thread. Hopefully someone else will remember. Good luck.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got a call from the dealer. They said they had no idea. Blamed the aftermarket radio. I'll get in there and disconnect everything and see if that fixes it.

Then I'll try a stock stereo.

All fuses good. Checked the whole car and the stereo.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Just got a call from the dealer. They said they had no idea. Blamed the aftermarket radio. I'll get in there and disconnect everything and see if that fixes it.

Then I'll try a stock stereo.

All fuses good. Checked the whole car and the stereo.
I'm subscribed as this situation has my interest. :confused: Please let us know how this comes out and good luck!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update. Charged the battery and pulled the stereo out. Turn signals work fine now? Plug the stereo back in go back to not working correctly.

Thinking my stereo took a dump.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,034 Posts
Thanks for the update. I've heard of others having electrical issues with their cars, after installing an aftermarket stereo. Just a guess--something went bad inside your stereo, or it was never wired correctly when installed.
Please keep us updated.--:eek:ld:

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Update. Charged the battery and pulled the stereo out. Turn signals work fine now? Plug the stereo back in go back to not working correctly.

Thinking my stereo took a dump.
Thank you for the update. Good news is you isolated the problem. Are you able to contact the supplier of the head unit to have it checked out or get a recommendation on the installation so you don't experience future problems?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to try to hit that later today. I got it from Crutchfield so I'm sure they will help me out.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,539 Posts
If you got the aftermarket radio from Cruthfield, you probably got the PAC CR2-CHY4 harness and adapter. You may want to check to make sure you have that correctly wired as it can cause problems if not. Sometimes the instructions are a little tricky on that. The Crutchfield Help Line can help you figure it out. Good Luck!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Narowwed it down to the PAC RP4-CH11. When it is plugged in the turn signals malfunction. Ordered a new one. Since it has worked for 8 months up to this point I'm pretty confident in my wiring.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Narowwed it down to the PAC RP4-CH11. When it is plugged in the turn signals malfunction. Ordered a new one. Since it has worked for 8 months up to this point I'm pretty confident in my wiring.
I hope this does the trick for you! I will stay tuned for the results! Good Luck!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the new PAC RP4-CH11. Plugged the new "blue box" in to the existing wiring and fired right up!

Stereo fixed! :smileup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts