Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this could be a stupid question. So I went to 2 different dealerships and both of them said they are not doing the power dollar rebate on the scat pack wide-bodies. They have the vehicle in stock on the lot so I'm not ordering one. At this point I may as well order one since they are not doing that rebate. Why are they not doing the rebate? Isn't that a national rebate or does it depend on the dealership? I do believe it ends on 11/02 so I don't understand why they are doing this to me. I got a rediculous quote on one today 53k out the door I walked right out because they wouldn't give me the $4850 off for the power dollars. Let me know thanks.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,974 Posts
Sounds like they are trying to make more money....per the website, it is still valid on all models.....

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,597 Posts
Ok so this could be a stupid question. So I went to 2 different dealerships and both of them said they are not doing the power dollar rebate on the scat pack wide-bodies. They have the vehicle in stock on the lot so I'm not ordering one. At this point I may as well order one since they are not doing that rebate. Why are they not doing the rebate? Isn't that a national rebate or does it depend on the dealership? I do believe it ends on 11/02 so I don't understand why they are doing this to me. I got a rediculous quote on one today 53k out the door I walked right out because they wouldn't give me the $4850 off for the power dollars. Let me know thanks.
Well, something is up with that. I just bought a 2020 Scat Pack. I ordered in July, but it didn't arrive until Sept. 2nd. The dealer honored it and gave me another $2,000 off! That shouldn't happen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok that's what I thought. I just have to be firm and tell them give me the rebate or no deal. I want the car really bad but these dealers are awful its funny because the first dealer I went to actually marked the car up $5000 what the hell.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,974 Posts
Yeah, trying to make more money off a buyer...

I would not buy from there, if they pull that during the sale, who knows what kind of service you will get in the future...........

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,217 Posts
Ok that's what I thought. I just have to be firm and tell them give me the rebate or no deal. I want the car really bad but these dealers are awful its funny because the first dealer I went to actually marked the car up $5000 what the hell.
It is either rebate 4850 or zero % financing Not both until 11/2/2020. So the rebate is still on.

·
Registered
549 Posts
This is an FMC program and is allowed for in the dealership flooring. Dealers are required to participate in corporate programs otherwise putting their franchise contract at risk. An auto franchise dealership means that there are regulations and guidelines specific to the manufacturer that you must abide by every time you lease or sell a vehicle. If the power dollar rebate has not expired then you are eligible for it and the dealer is bound by franchise contract to honor it. Reporting that dealer to Dodge Customer Service will more than likely cause them to fall in line rather quickly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is an FMC program and is allowed for in the dealership flooring. Dealers are required to participate in corporate programs otherwise putting their franchise contract at risk. An auto franchise dealership means that there are regulations and guidelines specific to the manufacturer that you must abide by every time you lease or sell a vehicle. If the power dollar rebate has not expired then you are eligible for it and the dealer is bound by franchise contract to honor it. Reporting that dealer to Dodge Customer Service will more than likely cause them to fall in line rather quickly.
wow really this is great information! Thank you so much! I was so depressed today over this. I will be sure to relay this information and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,974 Posts
Again, if you do this, I would NOT do any business with them....you WILL pay for it...................

Reactions: RonB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Again, if you do this, I would NOT do any business with them....you WILL pay for it...................
Oh ok I see, so I'm better off going to another dealer and start off with the whole thing about the dealer bound by contract if they start their shenanigans. What would be the best route any tips? These dealers are so scummy it makes me not want to buy ever again.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
8,678 Posts
Dealers use the term 'Market Adjustment' to boost their profit. In your case, they have it and it'll cost you an extra five grand to get it! ....(n) ...FIND ANOTHER DEALER. .....(y)

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,974 Posts
if you use any kind of force or coercion to get them to do what you want, you should not trust them to treat you right after that......

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,597 Posts
Well, I just seem to be able to "sweet talk" them into things that I think are reasonable. After I agreed to their price for my trade-in, the last thing I said was, "you have a deal if you include the splash guards installed." No problem! I love my dealer, they treat me very well, and are so easy to deal with.

Reactions: Dodgeguy
1 - 13 of 13 Posts