Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, like many here have dressed up my car by installing after market stripes and badges. My car came with the standard "HEMI" hood badges only. I installed some after market "345" letters along with some nifty hood stripes as well. I got them from the well known auction site, *bay. It didn't take long for the stripes and lettering to fade. The stripes actually began to fall off ruining the looks of the car. I ended up removing them altogether which was a pain to get the residual glue off the finish. Here is my point: Do not buy any after market exterior accessories made in China. It is ALL junk! If it isn't genuine Mopar, stay away. You'll thank yourself later.

Signed: Learned the hard way.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
You can get good results from non Mopar products but it's takes some research to see what others have used. I went with topflitegraphics for my stripes and re-badge design from custom badges and I have had good luck with both over the past 4 years. Other stripe companies I'd look at for vinyl would be big worm graphix and rider graphix. Lots of others have had good results with other stripe companies so they might chime in with who they went with.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
You can get good results from non Mopar products but it's takes some research to see what others have used. I went with topflitegraphics for my stripes and re-badge design from custom badges and I have had good luck with both over the past 4 years. Other stripe companies I'd look at for vinyl would be big worm graphix and rider graphix. Lots of others have had good results with other stripe companies so they might chime in with who they went with.

Take it easy
Jay
I agree with Jay, although I haven't had to purchase any stripes, I have ordered from Rebadge Design and Nathan does a great job and they are high quality.

Reactions: nunya

·
Business
21,294 Posts
My stripes came from Vinyl Imagination going on 2 years still look brand new. Will definitely re-order from them!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
My decals (the shaker stripes and the side stripes) came from good online sources. They've only been on a year, so I don't know about longevity. Hopefully they will be good for the long haul. But I can replace them myself if the time ever comes.

As for the 345 Hemi badge. I've been considering that for my car. Does Mopar even make one? I have not seen an official Mopar badge offered anywhere. That has been what's been holding me back- I'm fearful of lower quality ones that might be out there.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've used both Big Worm and Rider graphix, both put out a quality product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts