Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've decided that I'm going to have to order my Challenger as I have been unsuccessful in locating one anywhere in the state of Ohio that suits my needs (desires probably a better word). After coming to this realization, I thought it best to inform the other half of this journey in life. Much to my surprise, she didn't have a problem with this.

(I'm debating if I need to call the local PD to find out who this person is impersonating my wife. :Wow1: )

So , sometime after my issue with Chrysler/Dodge concerning the wife's Charger is resolved, I'll be determining the best time to order the Challenger. If anyone has some suggestions as to extras or "must have" options, please chime in. I'm ordering the R/T (Plus pkg probably) in the Jazz Blue with an autostik along with 20" wheels and tires.

One of the first mods to be done will be the sequential rear lights. Exhaust will probably be after that... or maybe first. Hmmmm.....:4-dontknow:

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,887 Posts
Cool!!!

If you get an exhaust, do some research on them and get one with no drone. Zoomers and Corsa Extremes are two good choices that have little to no drone.

Drone is especially noticable on R/T's with auto trannys when you instlall some cheaper exhaust systems. :smiledown:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Good luck with finding one you want.:smileup:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,093 Posts
Well, I've decided that I'm going to have to order my Challenger as I have been unsuccessful in locating one anywhere in the state of Ohio that suits my needs (desires probably a better word). After coming to this realization, I thought it best to inform the other half of this journey in life. Much to my surprise, she didn't have a problem with this.

(I'm debating if I need to call the local PD to find out who this person is impersonating my wife. :Wow1: )

So , sometime after my issue with Chrysler/Dodge concerning the wife's Charger is resolved, I'll be determining the best time to order the Challenger. If anyone has some suggestions as to extras or "must have" options, please chime in. I'm ordering the R/T (Plus pkg probably) in the Jazz Blue with an autostik along with 20" wheels and tires.

One of the first mods to be done will be the sequential rear lights. Exhaust will probably be after that... or maybe first. Hmmmm.....:4-dontknow:
That is exactly the color and model I have! You can check out my album and look at it to see if you have any questions. I also special ordered mine last year on Febr. 2nd. I picked it up on March 22nd! I got the Preferred Pkg. 28J, with the Sound Group II. I didn't get the Nav. option as I don't have any use for it where I live. Any questions, PM me.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Sounds like a great combo.....would you go 6spd rather than Auto????

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts

That is exactly the color and model I have! You can check out my album and look at it to see if you have any questions. I also special ordered mine last year on Febr. 2nd. I picked it up on March 22nd! I got the Preferred Pkg. 28J, with the Sound Group II. I didn't get the Nav. option as I don't have any use for it where I live. Any questions, PM me.
To WPD13, good luck in your decision, I'm sure you'll be happy with your choices. :SHOCKED:
To MommaBetty, I knew you would approve of his decision, probably quite happily! :ura1:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Good luck ordering your car! Hope you get exactly what you want :smileup: Looking forward to some pics when you get it!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good luck, I switched over from a 13 Camaro about 3 weeks ago, I love the Challenger, winter has been terrible on car sales, dealers are loaded with incentives, it is a great time to buy!
Get what you want, get it all!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like a great combo.....would you go 6spd rather than Auto????
I did think about it but my knees won the argument.... plus the fact my wife doesn't know how to drive a manual.

Betty - What sealed the deal on the Jazz Blue is MrMacG5's Challenger. I'm already a fan of the color blue (blue Ford Crown Vic and F150) and after looking at his car after he had the "Classic Track" decals installed I was sold that this is the only color for me with this car.

·
Registered
614 Posts
WPD13 - If you are going to order a must have is the STP (Super Track Pack). Lower stance, firmer suspension, upgraded brake pads. Jazz Blue is such an awesome color....(I know first hand).

Another thing you might consider is to expand your search to other states and not just Ohio. I was going to order mine and found nothing near me that fit my criteria. Just for the heck of it I open up the search to within 2000 miles and found an exact match in NY (I live in Chicago), contacted the dealer, agreed on price and the dealer had it shipped out to me. Easier than I though it was going to be.

Good Luck

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WPD13 - If you are going to order a must have is the STP (Super Track Pack). Lower stance, firmer suspension, upgraded brake pads. Jazz Blue is such an awesome color....(I know first hand).

Another thing you might consider is to expand your search to other states and not just Ohio. I was going to order mine and found nothing near me that fit my criteria. Just for the heck of it I open up the search to within 2000 miles and found an exact match in NY (I live in Chicago), contacted the dealer, agreed on price and the dealer had it shipped out to me. Easier than I though it was going to be.

Good Luck
I thought about this as well but the car would have to go through an inspection with the State of Ohio - another added cost. And it's gotta be difficult buying a car sight unseen other than pictures. But the other reason for ordering is hopefully no one has driven it, especially on a test drive. This way the car is truly BRAND NEW!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
614 Posts

·
Now that was dumb!
6,029 Posts

I'm from NE Ohio also! I suggest if you can ordering and servicing your Challenger at Columbiana dodge in Columbiana Ohio. What really makes them special is their service department. They are the best in Ohio.
If you've heard of Bob Frederick, a lot of the techs are from his old dealership. They know MOPARS since the 60s when his Dads dealership in Canfield Ohio sold MOPARS. Just a suggestion. You will not be disappointed.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,735 Posts
Well, I've decided that I'm going to have to order my Challenger as I have been unsuccessful in locating one anywhere in the state of Ohio that suits my needs (desires probably a better word).
Good move! Get it exactly how you want it. And it's pretty cool that the window sticker comes with your name on it. Only downside is that you don't get too much haggling power since the dealer knows the car is sold and it's not one that's been sitting on his lot that he's been unable to get rid of.

If anyone has some suggestions as to extras or "must have" options, please chime in. I'm ordering the R/T (Plus pkg probably) in the Jazz Blue with an autostik along with 20" wheels and tires.
I'd say...Super Track Pack, LSD rear (DSS Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle) and HIDs. Everything else (sunroof, navigation stereo, sound group 2) may be desirable but not really "must-haves" to a lot of people.

If you want your car built fast and the dealer to save every bit of documentation that comes with it, right down to the stickers from the tires, talk to Bob Frederick (http://frederickscatpack.com) who's near the PA/OH border. A handful of us here bought through him. My car was built and delivered to him in 3 weeks.

Good luck!

Betty - What sealed the deal on the Jazz Blue is MrMacG5's Challenger. I'm already a fan of the color blue (blue Ford Crown Vic and F150) and after looking at his car after he had the "Classic Track" decals installed I was sold that this is the only color for me with this car.
It really is an awesome color...made me wish it was available when I ordered mine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You're gonna love it

I bought mine 2 weeks ago, and the love grows stronger every minute I'm behind the wheel. The sound of the engine makes me smile. I must look like a tool bag just sitting there with a huge grin on my face.:SHOCKED:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.