Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Challenger Rallye Redline SXT, & I've read the different threads on here about resonator deletes. I have a guy at a local garage that I work with for everything & when I asked about making the exhaust sound better/louder, he suggested first trying a resonator delete. However, since I only have around 4,800 mi on the car, he cautioned me against voiding my warranty. So I did some checking on that too, & found that most dealers won't flag the warranty because of the mods, but they just won't submit them if they are sure the repairs are due to the mods I made. I don't know that I trust the dealers though.

Anyway, my concern is that if I take the chance & do only a res delete, I am going to end up with a ricer sound. I know its a V6, & will never sound like a V8, but is there any good way to make it sound a bit meaner or am I pretty much going to have to accept it the way it is?

Thanks...Trish

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Trish,

You won't void your warranty, unless the resonator delete directly contributes to whatever it is that has failed, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

My car has 2000 miles and I've done all sorts to it.

As for the exhaust, I recently put the Speedlogix Zoomers system on mine. I researched for a good couple of months and found this to be the best sounding system after watching the videos.

Initially, I thought it was far to loud, but after a couple of hundred miles, it has settled fine and I love it. I get compliments on it all the time.

You are correct in that it will never sound like a V8, but it does hold its own and definitely doesn't sound like a ricer.

Andy

·
Registered
887 Posts
Trish you are protected by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. The dealer has to prove that the modification caused the damage, otherwise they can't refuse the warranty repair.
If you are still concerned, another option (more expensive, though) would be to install a cat-back system. Al02uk's Zoomers are a cat-back. I have a MagnaFlow setup, lots of folks have Flowmaster, Solo or Pypes cat-backs. There are many to choose from. It only depends on your preferences and how loud you would like it to be. You can find different sound samples on YouTube; though they do not give the justice to the sound, they will give you a good idea which system sounds best for you. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I'm thinking I might leave it alone for now because I don't have lots of $$ laying around. I may do something after I can save up for a while, but I definitely am not cutting off the only resonators...I'd rather do the cat backs & have a better sound.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just so you know , the resos are the suitcase looking things by the rear bumper.The mufflers are located in front of the axle , under the cabin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2011. I had to wait for them to make some.People worry about the sound,a v6 is a v6.I looked at specs.The only one giving any was Flowmaster.10-12 in hp and around 16 in tq.When I here a flowmaster system I know it's not a ricer with a can.Oh ya the force II cat-back was just what it needed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I did the Blasting bobs Challenger 4x9" Magnaflows. Cause I was looking for a slight increase in sound without the cops on my ass. It's perfect, sounds mellow cruising, but sounds like it's got some ass when hitting it. And only 283 and under a couple hour install. I wasn't looking for anything that would turn heads cruising, but would if I stepped on it. I found it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts