Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I just put money down on a 2022 Challenger TA 392 6spd - Frostbite Blue with all the goodies: Adaptive Suspension, Plus Package, Convenience Group, Dynamics Package, HK Stereo, NO sunroof.

I feel sick to my stomach about the amount of money but it was the PERFECT car that I have been building on the dodge site for months, that popped up out of nowhere.

It's on the other side of the country so it won't get to me for a few months, and it's too snowy to fly out and drive it over so now I just have to wait.

Out of curiosity, are there any good sources of production numbers to see how rare these cars are? I have never seen a single TA where I am, let alone one in Frostbite blue.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
60,457 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

Reactions: RatFink

·
Premium Member
2017 GREEN GO HELLCAT CHALLENGER
964 Posts
Welcome to the Z from ADK-NY
I believe there are several threads about the TA, might have to use the search a little bit

·
Registered
2022 Scat Pack Shaker
199 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
5,060 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. Gonna be awesome. Pics when it arrives please! (y)

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Welcome from the great state of Eastern Oregon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks friends! Love the warm welcome.
I live at the base of the rocky mountains in Canada and look forward to cruising through the mountain passes and prairies with the new car.
Give me a wave if you're ever up here, I will be exploring the golf courses and rural gems along the way. My family has been a MOPAR family for 3 generations now, but I am the first hemi car owner (dad had a '70 Plymouth Duster from new in FK5 Burnt Orange) so it will be a lot of fun. From what I have read so far in production numbers from 2020/2021, this car I have purchased could be quite rare so I am looking forward to discovering more about that.

The nausea is starting to pass!

·
Registered
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
2,157 Posts
Welcome from North Central Florida. Last production numbers released to the public was for the 2020 model year. Stellantis has declared production numbers to be proprietary information and will not be releasing them in the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I feel sick to my stomach about the amount of money but it was the PERFECT car that I have been building on the dodge site for months, that popped up out of nowhere.
Don't beat yourself up too much- I did the same thing too, mostly because I remember prices a few years ago. The reality is, you're not likely going to find another new one, just like you want, in the future. Allocations will be gobbled up, and unless the economies in North America fall off the cliff, there won't be any better deals. Even if you're ok with used, chances are slim of finding that combo of options- Frostbite is even more unusual than the F8 I ordered, and that color is one I don't see very often at all.

You bought a luxury, a treat for yourself...unless you're breaking your bankbook to buy it, don't punish yourself and have fun. When you see it in the flesh, hear it come to life, row through the gears, you'll be grinning and those sick feelings will be a memory.

So welcome from Chicagoland, not quite as snowy right now as the great White North! When do you expect to take delivery?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome from North Central Florida. Last production numbers released to the public was for the 2020 model year. Stellantis has declared production numbers to be proprietary information and will not be releasing them in the foreseeable future.
Why am I not shocked that a company stupid enough to go all-in on electric thinks that info should be a closely guarded secret? Toyota, a much more wisely run company, is not dumb enough to bet it all on vehicles that require infrastructure that will not be there in the foreseeable future. The US Government is not going to alter the laws of physics because stupid politicians think they can use our money to buy their Christmas wish list. I'm old enough to remember Carter creating the Department of Energy to create "alternative fuels" because in an artificial gas crisis, we were told all petroleum would be gone 30 years ago.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts