Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone knows the numbers for the Stingers that were built in (I think) 2012? My car is a 2010 and I had read that the number of DY cars built was around 1200. Then that color was brought back 2 years later but only in a limited amount for the SRT8 Stinger model. If this info is incorrect, I'd welcome any corrections.

Anyway, my main question is a number or site that would have the information in question.

Thanks for any help!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,957 Posts
The Stinger yellow was on the Yellow Jacket SRT, but later came out on the R/T.I have no Idea how many were made.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just to help clear things up a bit. There were no "Stinger" models in 2012. There were however the Yellow Jacket's which were limited editions. These were painter "Stinger Yellow" which is a slightly different shade than "Detonator Yellow". Then around mid model year there were a limited number of R/T's in this new "Stinger Yellow" color. Dodge has yet to release production numbers for the Yellow Jackets but rumored to be slightly over 1000 units for the US market.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yeah, as a DY owner I would have rather they not have came out with another yellow even if it is a slightly different shade.

I've been to Carlisle a couple of times and there seems to be fewer yellow cars (DY) than any other color.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
to be honest it doesn't matter to me if they came out with DY challenger every year. the more the merrier, plus i know there isn't another DY that looks like mine. And, there are other changes comes very soon . No details will follow. Just wait and see!

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Detonator yellow was only made in 2010.All the other cars were stinger IMO there is a big difference I would love a 392 in Det yellow but i know that wont happen they will never make them!

to be honest it doesn't matter to me if they came out with DY challenger every year. the more the merrier, plus i know there isn't another DY that looks like mine. And, there are other changes comes very soon . No details will follow. Just wait and see!
Thats for sure Steve yours is 1 of a kind just like its owner!Tell me what the changes are(A black Vinyl top????):SHOCKED:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Detonator yellow was only made in 2010.All the other cars were stinger IMO there is a big difference I would love a 392 in Det yellow but i know that wont happen they will never make them!

Thats for sure Steve yours is 1 of a kind just like its owner!Tell me what the changes are(A black Vinyl top????):SHOCKED:
haha thanks frank! i'll leave the vinyl top for you, i know you been wanting it for over a year now. i have 3 mods coming that will change the entire look of the car......again!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone knows the numbers for the Stingers that were built in (I think) 2012? My car is a 2010 and I had read that the number of DY cars built was around 1200. Then that color was brought back 2 years later but only in a limited amount for the SRT8 Stinger model. If this info is incorrect, I'd welcome any corrections.

Anyway, my main question is a number or site that would have the information in question.

Thanks for any help!
I have a 2012 stinger yellow r/t ....There was another thread on here about this very topic.....You could email dodge your vin# and they will reply...As far as the production numbers for stinger yellow r/t classics,yes it was a small number ...315 to be exact...I have the email from dodge ,but i do not know how to post it...if you do a search on here there is a stinger yellow thread that may lead you where you wanna go_Or somebody can put up that link to chrysler/dodge and you can email them your vin and they WILL get back with you....As far as the stinger yellow srts...yes there were 1000 made ...and like the other guy said somewhere in there they ran thru the r/t classics....And i'm very glad i have one....hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.