Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dallas FR at a LODD last night. This one kinda got to me, in reality they all do. But this one in particularly much so as it happen last night while I was on shift, not to far from where I was responding to another MVC. I never really think about how risky my job is or how often I really put my life on the line to serve and protect others, until a tragic event like this happens. I love my job and what I do, wouldn't change it for the world, this is what I do. What really makes me bang my head against the wall is how people don't adjust there driving habits in inclement weather, hell even when they approach an accident scene for that matter. But I guess this is job security. If anything, what the general public needs to take away from horrible accident to my fellow FF brother is to slow down during inclement weather, regardless of the season and to pay attention to the road while coming to a accident scene, not the big red light flashing fire trucks. Stay safe out there fellow first responders.

http://www.statter911.com/2014/02/10/dallas-firefighter-knock-bridge/

·
Registered
8,516 Posts
That is some scary stuff right there! Prayers and thoughts go out to the family and all of you First Responders.

My father retired a Fire Fighter and some mornings when he came home after a 24 hour shift he was fit to be tied because of the inexcusable occurrences that were involved with you guys doing your job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.