Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started when my I3 tuner would not complete a writing so i call tech support they tell me i have to send overnight them my pcm and my tuner so now im without a car for at least 2 or 3 days ...WAIT.. it gets better these guys lose my pcm and tuner blame it on ups and send me a new pcm and tuner .. Ever since i installed that pcm i get a p0773 incorrect gear ratio code and my car wont shift past 3rd gear and the slapstick shifting does not work. so now i am thinking i need a new tranny so i get a new transmission and sure enough 2700$ later it does the same thing with the new tranny i think the pcm they sent me is shit.. i also plan on taking them to court i cant afford this disaster... any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,339 Posts
Wow... That is crazy.... I hope you can get it sorted out. You may want to try and locate a shop close to you that you can ship the car to and have it sorted out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the connections at the pcm. If the connectors aren’t seated properly you will have all kinds of problems. Also check for any bent pins in the connectors.
Just double checked connectors they are fully seated and locked in all pins in good condition

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
I don’t know what to tell you. Can you get a stock PCM out of a junked Challenger and install it? Or have the PCM flashed back to factory settings? I’ve always been suspicious about “tunes.” Good luck and that is really tough!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed Diablo software in my 2014 5.7 Dodge Challenger and the program froze locking up my transmission module.
Had to tow car to dealership and reinstalled original software. Diablo product is trash DO NOT USE !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I installed Diablo software in my 2014 5.7 Dodge Challenger and the program froze locking up my transmission module.
Had to tow car to dealership and reinstalled original software. Diablo product is trash DO NOT USE !
Was your car stuck in 3rd gear ? did you get incorrect gear ratio dtc?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My trinity would not set the gear on my 3.73 swap. Tried many times and even had to prove it over the phone to tech support that it was indeed not working. They left me stuck without a fix for over a week in limp mode. Took it to the dealership for help and they wouldn’t do anything but the mechanic lady suggested to use the HPtuner instead. So I purchased one, googled how to set the ratio and boom worked like a charm. Diablosport tuners are buggy piles of crap that are way too overpriced for how basic it really is. Also if you ever take it to the dyno they will much rather use HPtuner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts