Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the drag strip with my 2014 RT 5.7 cai, straight through exhaust and want to tune and test with a dyno for a more specific horsepower cause and effect. Any thoughts or experiences? I could only must a 13.99 @ 102 because my manual trans kept kicking me out of third and the rev limiter was really taking a big bite out my et's. Any suggestions or a decent hemi dyno in New England area? thanks.

·
12,989 Posts
Went to the drag strip with my 2014 RT 5.7 cai, straight through exhaust and want to tune and test with a dyno for a more specific horsepower cause and effect. Any thoughts or experiences? I could only must a 13.99 @ 102 because my manual trans kept kicking me out of third and the rev limiter was really taking a big bite out my et's. Any suggestions or a decent hemi dyno in New England area? thanks.

If your bouncing off the rev limiter you can raise the rev limiter a few hundred rpms with your tuner and that should help your problem.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Yep raise the revs to 6200. Are you running street tires? Rowing the gears takes practice. Good luck and have fun!!:smileup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm running street tires for now, never had a problem power shifting until now. So, just have to wait for the Diablo to arrive and take it from there. Worth getting a dyno with a custom tune? Otherwise thanks for the help guys. BTW - Dodgeboy and Jettech104 - really nice cars and great ET's!

·
12,989 Posts
To answer your question I would say yes. Its always best to do a custom while your car is on a dyno, I would also suggest that you install a 180 T'stat before you go that route to get the full benefit.

·
12,989 Posts
Drag radials would really help too.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I'm running street tires for now, never had a problem power shifting until now. So, just have to wait for the Diablo to arrive and take it from there. Worth getting a dyno with a custom tune? Otherwise thanks for the help guys. BTW - Dodgeboy and Jettech104 - really nice cars and great ET's!
Thanks I hope to pick up another 2/10 to 3/10 of a second with the new 3200 stall Pro Torque converter that arrived today. Hope to install it next week. That and some cooler weather at the track. The last time it was 92F.

·
12,989 Posts
Thanks I hope to pick up another 2/10 to 3/10 of a second with the new 3200 stall Pro Torque converter that arrived today. Hope to install it next week. That and some cooler weather at the track. The last time it was 92F.

Good luck with that converter Jettech, you might need an MTCM to help you with around town low speed driving with a stall that high. We are all waiting for those 50 degree days and cool weather to return, it really helps to get good track times. :smileup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts