Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Diablosport Trinity home made mount

Hi all,

I wanted to mount the trinity in a more permanent position, but have it as a quick release for when I am leaving the car somewhere or when I park it for days on end.

I threw this simple mount together from scrap items I had lying around. Total cost was a genuine $0.00, it does look like it cost that much so I will be tidying it up a bit, but it works great, i thought I would share as I haven't contributed anything to the forum yet, so this is my first real post that might help someone.

I had some plastic lying around so modified the existing mount bracket so that it can be installed with the plastic nut that comes on the windscreen mount.

it is basically a plastic spacer so that it be fitted to the bracket i made.

this is indeed extremely simple I work on the KISS principle with most things

(Keep It Simple Stupid)

Looks good with the trinity mounted though.

it is a good viewing angle and doesn't wobble. i can attach it or remove it in seconds, but it is very sturdy when attached.

I should have taken a picture of behind the panel, but it is just screwed into a bit of the empty plastic underneath the radio and then the facia is wedged back into place which holds the bracket firmly in place.

I know it is very simple, but I searched a lot for something similar and only found people using expensive brackets ($50+) and I couldn't justify spending that money on something so simple.

This was my first "not off the shelf" project on the chally so please don't criticise too harsh :shy:

Reactions: ninjadave

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Ninjadave the position is great, not in the way of the passenger and the angle is great for viewing from the drivers seat. and it is sturdy enough to use one handed, as in it doesn't move around when you poking it with your finger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.