Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, im running a 2012 challenger rt classic with the STP. reso deletes, mopar CAI. Im just looking into getting diablo trinity tuner. But only if im going to see any true gains with it. Any one with the 6 speed use this and have any true hp/tq gains or any better driveability in performance? Also any issues with it?

Thanks,
- Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Best I can do for you,

I have the 14 R/T 6 speed, I chose the Diablo Intune DCX, I run the 91 octane tune with 93 octane gas, supposed to be good for 13 hp and 15 foot pounds of torque according to Diablo,

I also have CAI, Jet 180 stat, resonator delete, etc

From what I hear the trinity canned tune would be the same as the InTune.

Your tune also improves throttle response, eliminates skip shift and other good things beside 13hp.
I can definitely tell the difference, wakes this HEMI up, I love the throttle response, factory was so held back.

I tried 'Diablo" the new 93 octane tune and it was too rough running for my street use, I could feel the extra power but car was rough (with 93 Amoco Gold in tank)

If you drive your car hard, maybe track day, you can use it to data log too, it isn't wide band but can still give you a good look at performance curve

I feel like I got my moneys worth

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,522 Posts
My 13' woke up - especially in the mid/upper range... I run the custom hemifever tune on 93 octane... low end is ok... but after 3K rpms it is a beast!

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
My 13' woke up - especially in the mid/upper range... I run the custom hemifever tune on 93 octane... low end is ok... but after 3K rpms it is a beast!
I second that! Love my HemiFever tune!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I can't say with a 6 speed, but the trinity was the best bang for the money so far it really woke up the car, and I can't wait to get the custom tune, I'm either going with hemi fever or Johnathan I've also heard good things from both and really have no clue who to go with..lol

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,522 Posts
I have the HemiFever tune... they have been great.. quick responses and willing to help.... I am sure the other guy is too, just don't know anything about him...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got a '12 R/T 6 spd with a diablo sport trinity box tune. I also have a Blastin Bob's reso delete kit, LMI Frankentake without air box, Speed Logix ramair hood with belly pan duct, Hurst shifter, and a skip shift eliminator. when I installed the exhaust, cai, and tune; I noticed a pretty good jump over stock. That being said, it's never been on a dyno or the track. I don't know the true numbers are for tq/hp. It was fun as all get out for a while, but as with everything I drive/ride/float, I want MORE! Look at my screenname, that's been my nickname since high school! I recomend getting a trinity and using the stock 93 tune untill you get tired then get a custom tune. There are vendors here that can help. Just keep in mind, we didn't buy the cheap muscle cars, it will show in the prices of aftermarket parts.

Hope this helps,
Josh

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
My opinion is that it is well worth it and I too would highly recommend HemiFever! No wait for spot on advice and however much your car jumps now it will jump more with the custom tune. Free custom tune w/ Diablo Trinity purchase from Sean @ HemiFever...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.