Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my trinity all ready to load a tune onto the vehicle. The video I watched had a guy tuning an RT, so I followed along. When he went to select the tunes, he had an option for CAI 93 octane. When I try to tune mine it only gives me the option Perf 93 tune. Also, he mentioned something about turning sensors off if you have exhaust? Long story short I have intake and catback exhaust and I'd like to do a tune that maximizes these (I'm not saying a custom tune).

How do I get the CAI tune or adjust the parameters for an exhaust?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've never heard of turning off sensors for an exhaust. I would try and email DiabloSport and see what they say

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm well I just loaded the 93 tune. I don't know if I notice anything or not I mean at this point the car is just fast haha. I also noticed he had an economy fuel tune on there which I don't have either. Very weird.

·
Registered
22,642 Posts
There is no separate CAI tune anymore just the 93 tune, it should work fine for you. You also don't need to do anything about exhaust sensors to run a cat back so if you loaded the 93 tune and put in some good gas you should be good to go.

·
12,989 Posts
hmm well I just loaded the 93 tune. I don't know if I notice anything or not I mean at this point the car is just fast haha. I also noticed he had an economy fuel tune on there which I don't have either. Very weird.
Performance wise the difference between the 93 tune and the stock tune in the 1/4 mile is a few tenths of a second which you won't feel in the seat of your pants.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Performance wise the difference between the 93 tune and the stock tune in the 1/4 mile is a few tenths of a second which you won't feel in the seat of your pants.
Thats not too bad though I guess. I did all three things pretty much at the same time so the difference is pretty noticeable to me compared to before but really have nothing else to compare it to. I would be interested in using the economy fuel tune but I don't have that one either.

·
Registered
476 Posts
There is no separate CAI tune anymore just the 93 tune, it should work fine for you. You also don't need to do anything about exhaust sensors to run a cat back so if you loaded the 93 tune and put in some good gas you should be good to go.
I think the CAI being separate is year and model dependent. My 2010 has the separate option for the CAI/PERF tune... but noticed some newer years do not.

https://www.diablosport.com/products/trinity.html#content-tabs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts