Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I've been here, hello everyone!!. My question is this. Diablo is offering the T-1000 tuner for the 2012 Challenger R/T 5.7 . Should I invest in it? I have made several performance changes to my challenger but this will be the first I try to re-tune the engine. They say they come with pre tune codes or you can customize. Any advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,990 Posts
A diablo sport tuner is the best bang for the buck when it comes to adding power. Depending on what mods you have done will determine how much you need to retune or how much you will get out of a tune. Go for it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
diablo

Thanks for the quick reply. I have added a CAI, Strut braces for road performance. A nice exhaust system for sound and performance. Now it's time to re-tune. I am trying not to do anything that will jeopardize my factory warranty and still get some high performance. I will keep the board posted with my results. Thanks again to you and this board for all the information I have learned about my challenger.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
Just load one of the 'canned' tunes that are already on the tuner and you'll be fine - that's what most of us do. I run the 91 oct / CAI tune and burn 93 octane gas for a noticeable increase in seat of the pants performance.
You should only attempt modifying some of the parameters (ex: timing, air fuel mixture etc) if you are a qualified hemi tuner.
You won't risk warranty or blowing the engine by using a canned tune....just be sure to switch back to the factory tune if you go to the dealer for anything.
If the dealer flashes your car when you have it married to the tuner, the tuner will not be usable until you send it back to the manufacturer to have it reset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts