Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a diablo i3 tuner, But I only got the 91 octane tune I did not get the 93 octane. I live in Arizona does that matter? I am having a hard time getting diablo to respond to my emails. Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.. thanks

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
Did you connect it to your computer and online update the software?

Reactions: HemiMetal

·
Registered
116 Posts
You may have the 50 state legal version of the I3. Call Diablo and I think they can send a firmware update to get you additional options and features found on the regular I3. I used to live in AZ and the highest octane available was 91, so the 93 tune wouldn’t be of any use for you anyway.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Just an FYI , you wont see much difference with the canned tunes, you might want to think about a custom tune, saw a huge difference on my 5.7L,

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Yes, go Hemi Fever and get a tune from him, world of difference

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
3,707 Posts
If you want to talk to Diablo, call them on the phone. Just be sure to have everything ready to go and be in your Challenger when you call. They will take you through everything, step by step.

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
My Diablo tuner states that I should log on to receive updates to my tuner. What are the updates?
The updates are anything since the release of your module that apply to your Challenger, year, etc.,you'll have to update it to discover what they are, but it is necessary, that is why you are instructed to do it. Ry

·
Registered
419 Posts
So i traded my' '12 r/t for a '15 r/t. I went to tune it with the INTUNE i2 I have and found out the ecm might be locked o on the 2915 and up. If true, will I now have to swap out the ecm, or send it to them to have it unlocked? I know they have an ecm swap snails....

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
@Black Bandit

Look Here:

2015 to 2017

You'll have to decide which route to go, I am not sure if the i2 will work you'll need to call and ask Sean.

I just bought the replacement ECU and the tuner, but you could go the swap route because once you give them your Vin# and mileage you should not drive the car at all anyway or your BCM (Body Control Module) will report an inaccurate mileage discrepancy if the mileage does not match. If you do the swap you won't be driving anyway, but it is important not to drive the car once you give them your mileage to program into the replacement ECU.

If you have the automatic transmission get the tune for it as well, but the manual transmission does not need it. Ry

·
Registered
116 Posts
You can send your PCM in to diablo to get unlocked. They turn them around pretty quick. I’ve done this and they usually ship it back the same day they receive it. And your I-2 will work on a 2015 model. I’m using one on a 2018.

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
3,707 Posts
swap by mail I guess, had anybody done it?
I didn't need to unlock my PCM. but when I first used my I-1000 it buggered, and I had to send both it and my PCM to Diablo to get them fixed. The entire process took two days, as I sent the package over night and Diablo sent it back the same way. It was resolved under warranty on their dime. I now use the Trinity because I need its expanded capabilities.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Understood, but also, I'll need to marry it to my new car, and also, the msg on the tune r says i must purchase another license... .!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Understood, but also, I'll need to marry it to my new car, and also, the msg on the tune r says i must purchase another license... .!!!
Sounds like your device is still married to the other car.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I do know a mechanic working at a local DCJR dealership. He might be able to unlock my ecm..
Sounds like your device is still married to the other car.
if it is, what do i have to do to "unmarry ' it? And marry it to my 2015 r/t ? Would it all be irrelevant anyway if my pcm is locked?

·
Registered
2009 Limited SRT8, Brilliant Black ⚫, Centerforce Clutch, BMR susp., Belanger Headers, Lowered
500 Posts
I was burnt by diablo on multiple autos.. hptuners mode now. Working away an lined up some dyno usage time too locally

1 - 20 of 22 Posts